We just reached our goal after 10 days only! YEAH!
I started sharing our experience some days ago but the article got moved by the moderator to post30509.html?hilit=eblocker#p30509
@moderator: If sharing experiences in this topic is not OK please move it again.
Today I want to share the secret that actually kicked us most:
We have products ranging from €99 to €333 with different features. The €99 and the €124 products (both at 50% discount) were limited to 100 units and sold out quickly.
For yesterday's Data Privacy Day we set out a new product €199 which is basically an upgrade to the €99 product (same features but not subscription / lifetime updates) and we limited it to 50 units.
Once the update was out lots of our €99 backers changed to the €199 - so they double the pledges. The new visitors to our page saw that "1 left" from the €99 reward and bought it instantly - since it was the last at 50% discount. That drove the campaign from 66% to over 90% in a just day and the 50 units sold out within 6 hours. Then we released another 50 units of the same €199 product - which kicked us over the top. Easy.
I'd like to mention that of all the presales we made Kickstarter was responsible for less than 40%. Which means in essence that without our PR and marketing efforts we would have never reached the goal by relying on Kickstarter only.
To sum up:
- Have your PR and traffic partners ready before you start the campain.
- Do not rely on Kickstarter traffic.
- Set out attractive Super Early Bird rewards and limit them in number that sell out quickly
- Set out new rewards once your Super Early Bird is sold out and make them attrative to existing backers for upgrade
- Forget all the spammers contacting you while your campaign is running - we tried some with Indiegogo and never ever got anything out of it
- We tried thegadgetflow.com this time for about $650 - and got one pledge for €299 which is a very very poor result as we make only very little profit from the rewards. We would not recommend it.
- Same with kickbooster.com - only existing backers used the link to save 10% while upgrading to the new product - but it didn't help the campaign very much. 4 sales in total only (3 from existing backers).
We are still rolling 19 days with our campaign and are now working on stretch goal strategies. Stay tuned for an update - here or at someplace wherever the moderator moves this to.
Christian with eBlocker - Switch on Privacy.
Check out our campaign for more insights and share https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eb ... -for-all-y