Follow

KickstarterForum.org

This site is not affiliated with Kickstarter, Inc.

Discuss Projects You've Backed

Calyos NSG S0 Fanless PC Case

What projects have you backed on Kickstarter that we should know about?

by manuelz » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:03 am

EraserPencil wrote:Would anyone be getting a Ryzen 4-6 core instead of the Intel equivalent?

I'm thinking about it cause I don't really need all that speed, but it seems like an ultimate waste to get such an expensive case that may just be built for the best overclock. Cheaping out on the electronics seems insane to me, but the case takes away the budget I have for better electronics.

I plan to go for a 6 core ryzen - probably the 1600x but we will see after April 11th how they stack up. I recently started to watch a YouTuber called AdoredTV - and even though he is an AMD Fanboy - he Shows nicely and with good Research how good those ryzen actually are - even for gaming and especially for future gaming
manuelz
-- Junior Member --
-- Junior Member --

Share This Thread On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Reddit Reddit Share on Google+ Google+

by WTTL » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:01 pm

I can understand manuelz's concern that specific wishes might get incorporated in all of the final products, which may not be up to everyone's taste. Calyos had responded that they are looking into solution to close the case (due to specific request), that got many backers concerned and many had raised their opinion that they want the open design.
One can always do one's modding after one receive one's case.
I certainly do not wish to get a final product that's radically different from what was initially presented.
:idea: The pledge €7,999 or more for privilege of creating your own design is still available though... Any takers? Yes?
WTTL
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

by TJW » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:00 pm

WTTL wrote:I can understand manuelz's concern that specific wishes might get incorporated in all of the final products, which may not be up to everyone's taste. Calyos had responded that they are looking into solution to close the case (due to specific request), that got many backers concerned and many had raised their opinion that they want the open design.
One can always do one's modding after one receive one's case.
I certainly do not wish to get a final product that's radically different from what was initially presented.
:idea: The pledge €7,999 or more for privilege of creating your own design is still available though... Any takers? Yes?

I think it was more the way they frazed it that left backers concerned. They've clarified since then that all covers come as extra, so it's all good I guess.
TJW
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

by TJW » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:36 pm

manuelz wrote:
TJW wrote:Jeez, Get off your high horse.

I ride whatever horse i want, as well as your are entitled to ride yours. seems though like your horse is just a little taller than mine ;)

I was wondering about m.2 vs normal SSD - we do have a designated space for 1 ssd, and we have storage places in those drawers to hide more - but what I actually was wondering about:

m.2 seem to generate a lot of heat (I dont own any m.2 so far, so I cant tell) - with the open case and no airflow from a fan - could this be a Problem in the NSG S0? Or wouldn't it make a difference wether one would use 1 or 2 m.2's or conventional SATA SSD's?

Well, it depends, if by m.2 you meant NVME like the super fast samsung 950 Pro that yes they get very very hot and once they reach 70-80C they start to throttle so a proper heatsink is a must. I have ordered this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-Com ... 80858.html and it works well so far.

Also many ATX MBs have M.2 ports near the last pcie slots (such as my favorite ASROCK Taichi Z270) which in this case will be blocked by the GPU card. Maybe Calyos comes up with a solution or we end up with mATX where MB and GPU might not overlapp.

I currently use this kit http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/hd-323 so maybe it would fit in those HDD racks - thats a total of 6 SSDs and still enough space for a fan. :)
TJW
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

by manuelz » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:00 am

Thanks for the cooler link - that might come in Handy. Although I think I'll stick with 2 sata ssd's to start with - an old 250gb and a 1tb 805 evo

I was looking at the Motherboards again - b350 vs x370 - and I really dont see much difference between the two except for the sli part - usb-c and all that other stuff is on most b350 boards as well. chipsets differ some, but as far as i could find out not to the Point where it should make a difference for someone like me that is not going to do crazy overclocks. My main reason for now to consider x370 is the visuals - and the cooling of the mb i'm hoping those designs will provide - they just look so much better. I love the taichi - but I Kind of refuse to pay extra for wifi that I dont Need. also, i dont Need 12 usb ports o0 Actually, I dont Need anything those x370 offer me in plus of a b350.. its really just the Looks :D but do i want to pay a 100 bucks just for Looks?

atm i'm in love with the AX370-Gaming-K7 from Gigabyte.. :)
manuelz
-- Junior Member --
-- Junior Member --

by manuelz » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:55 pm

For those wanting to protect he pc - use black chicken wire? :) Form in into the right shape and use black Isolation tape to fix it to the case - should be almost invisible

Just an idea - that wouldnt Impact airflow in a measurable way (Amateur opinion)
manuelz
-- Junior Member --
-- Junior Member --

by WTTL » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:01 pm

Yeah, I read that dust covers will be available as option later/after the campaign, that should keep all happy :D

Just a question out of curiosity, what makes you go for fanless?

For me, it was because of its novelty. :geek:
Last edited by WTTL on Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WTTL
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

by EraserPencil » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:11 pm

WTTL wrote:Yeah, I read that dust covers with be available as option later/after the campaign, that should keep all happy :D

Just a question out of curiosity, what makes you go for fanless?

For me, it was because of its novelty. :geek:

Well, it's very zen like and I love that. I hate moving parts. And nothing should fight with the music I have in the background.
EraserPencil
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

by WTTL » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:14 pm

Any opinions on Intel's upcoming Optane memory? Looks promising.

Does it make sense to use Intel Optane 32GB module with SSD like Samsung 850 Evo?
WTTL
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

by manuelz » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:54 pm

My reason for getting the Nsg S0 is the novelty as well. I'd like to see myself as a nerd and sorry: having a case like that is just a must have for me :)
manuelz
-- Junior Member --
-- Junior Member --

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss Projects You've Backed

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts