Follow

KickstarterForum.org

This site is not affiliated with Kickstarter, Inc.

Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict)

Do followers on Kickstarter matter?

Get your questions about Kickstarter or Crowdfunding answered here.

by sbriggman » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:14 pm

One topic that I don't think anyone's really touched on before is whether or not "followers" on Kickstarter matter.

For example, I see when my friends support projects and vice versa. Leading up to your campaign, have you worked to get followers on Kickstarter at all via backing, commenting, etc?

Do you think that the number of "followers" you have on the Kickstarter platform matters?

You get notifications when:

"Someone I follow backs or launches a project"
Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
sbriggman
-- Veteran Member --
-- Veteran Member --

Share This Thread On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Reddit Reddit Share on Google+ Google+

by AleishaGore » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:43 pm

I am definitely interested in this question, too. I had a follower ages ago before I even started a campaign and didn't know why. But apparently, when you have followers, they know when you launch a campaign. They are notified. So, now the question is, how do I get more. I went ahead and followed all the people KS suggested (which I believe were only FB friends). I didn't see any other way to follow anyone else who was not on my fb.
Aleisha Gore
Writer, Director, Producer, Chocolate is Not Better than Sex
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/al ... r-than-sex

All I want for you is Happiness. :)
Show the world you are made of love. The world will shine.
AleishaGore

by jdbelsterling » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:10 am

Other than simple notifications, I don't think it really has much effect. And on the fb friends note, I think there may not be a way to follow people other than fb friends, b/c I dont have a fb and can't find a way to follow anyone.
Innovate education AND give back to underserved NYC students through MajorClarity's Kickstarter. Check it out here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jo ... ajor-today
jdbelsterling
-- Senior Member --
-- Senior Member --

by AleishaGore » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:19 am

Ok, thanks. Yeah, I think I.G. works differently and you can actually contact people via I.G. msg In fact, I'm sure I got a backer that way years ago...
But, I'm still just certain KS will be better for us right now for film.

Aleisha
Aleisha Gore
Writer, Director, Producer, Chocolate is Not Better than Sex
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/al ... r-than-sex

All I want for you is Happiness. :)
Show the world you are made of love. The world will shine.
AleishaGore

by kwmlr439 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:17 pm

You get a notification when they launch a project but that is not an assurance that they will back your project. I would only assume that having more followers is on the positive side!

John
kwmlr439
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

by Mike_Letsky » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:14 pm

The easiest way to achieve your kickstarter goals is to build an audience and sell to that audience. This is not an overnight marketing effort - it takes at least 3 months of a successful marketing campaign (for most projects) before you launch that kickstarter.

You build the audience, grow the number of followers, and sell your product directly to them.
Learn How to Save over $10,000 on developing your product. Free Step-by-Step Report https://www.letskyinnovations.com/how-to-design-a-new-product-and-save-money
Mike_Letsky
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

Return to Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict)

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts