Follow

KickstarterForum.org

This site is not affiliated with Kickstarter, Inc.

General Chat + Introduce Yourself

How did you hear about Kickstarter or Crowdfunding?

by cp1234 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:00 am

I heard about Kickstarter a few years ago because of Pebble, the smartwatch. My boyfriend was talking about it and I got really curious about Kickstarter. After doing some research on Kickstarter, I was amazed by its concept and ability to revive the whole crowdfunding hoo-has. Now, I'm grateful that I have a chance to be involved directly in Kickstarter campaign, because my company, Jide Technology, has just launched its 3rd Kickstarter campaign (see my signature), which was preceded by 2 successful Kickstarter campaigns (see: Jide.com). It's fun, thrilling and scary at the same time as you don't know if people are going to like your products or not. But that's the whole point of crowdfunding campaign right, to see the market's reaction to your products and to see if there's an actual demand for it. However, sadly, I feel like Kickstarter has been increasingly used for marketing tool instead of a platform for the campaign owners to test the market. I don't know, I'll be interested to know what are your thoughts on this :)
Remix IO+ is an Android Nougat-powered device, engineered to be a 4K TV set-top box, gaming console, and PC in one.

Back our project: http://kck.st/2e4tb2z
for a chance of BUY ONE GET ONE FREE!
cp1234
-- Junior Member --
-- Junior Member --

Share This Thread On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Reddit Reddit Share on Google+ Google+

by Femurwatch » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:51 pm

We heard about Kickstarter while we were in college. We both went to a design school and people always had great ideas there!
Femurwatch
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

by hyperstarter » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:13 am

:) I saw the Femur campaign, you should post a link (if you're able) here's what the watch campaign looks like:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14 ... nav_search

The watch looks really great, like a toblorone!

I've worked on x5 overfunded watch campaigns, if you need any advice please feel free to message me. Best of luck!

Femurwatch wrote:We heard about Kickstarter while we were in college. We both went to a design school and people always had great ideas there!
Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: http://www.hyperstarter.com
hyperstarter
-- Veteran Member --
-- Veteran Member --

by dusancv » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:53 pm

I've heard about crowdfunding and Kickstarter through facebook. People started sharing some campaigns and that's what got me interested in the whole world of crowdfunding.
dusancv
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

by nissemos » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:32 pm

Found it through google trying to figure out how to make my campaign more successfull :lol:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/25 ... he-horizon
nissemos
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

by dancross » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:27 pm

Got introduced through a friend about 2 years ago and never looked back! :D
dancross
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

by LynxPointPictures » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:46 am

Having to finance a film -- heard about it via an independent film funding site... which one? Who knows!
LynxPointPictures
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

by arinarin1 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:55 pm

Hey everyone, my name is Arin and I've been working on a social network called Slushbox for a year now. I'm crowd funding for it on Kickstarter! I left a link below please check it out, let me know what you think! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/284388011/slushbox-the-social-network-for-car-geeks
arinarin1
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

by ephorilondon » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:18 pm

Through family!! :)
ephorilondon
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

by HertogJezus » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:00 pm

I think I first heard about Kickstarter a few years ago because of Pebble. It was kind of an interesting concept to me, and right now I'm doing my graduate research about the use of language in Kickstarter campaigns. Hopefully I can be of help to some people here since I've been reading a lot (probably all) of (the) literature about Kickstarter/Crowdfunding.
HertogJezus
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat + Introduce Yourself

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts