Follow

KickstarterForum.org

This site is not affiliated with Kickstarter, Inc.

Share Your Kickstarter Story (Updates, Campaign Stats, Marketing Strategies Used)

How We Raised $250,000 In Less Than 9 Hours

Treat this section like a blog for your Kickstarter journey. Feel free to share project stats and lessons learned. Hold yourself accountable to new weekly goals by sharing them with us!

by DanielSch » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:57 am

It's just great to see that people try to help and sharing thier experience. A big thanks to cp1234 and for everyone else who is doing that!

I just signed up today and I am struggleing a lot with the topic how to start with marketing. My biggest question is "how to find first followers?"

cp1234 used obvious his existing fan/follower base, but how did he/they start at the very beginning with picking up followers and people who are interested in this product?

Is there a thread about this topic somewhere?

Cheers,
Daniel
DanielSch
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

Share This Thread On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Reddit Reddit Share on Google+ Google+

by hyperstarter » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:10 pm

Are you at the pre-launch stage? So you're at the stage of How to Find a Target Audience...

In a nutshell it's forums, related sites, checking who your competitors connected with and so on. Then it's grabbing their emails through a landing page, competition...

Feel free to get in touch for more advice, what are you launching?

DanielSch wrote:It's just great to see that people try to help and sharing thier experience. A big thanks to cp1234 and for everyone else who is doing that!

I just signed up today and I am struggleing a lot with the topic how to start with marketing. My biggest question is "how to find first followers?"

cp1234 used obvious his existing fan/follower base, but how did he/they start at the very beginning with picking up followers and people who are interested in this product?

Is there a thread about this topic somewhere?

Cheers,
Daniel
Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: http://www.hyperstarter.com
hyperstarter
-- Veteran Member --
-- Veteran Member --

by DanielSch » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:21 pm

My project is about a new generation lock, which will protect all your goods like bag, jacket, locker... it workes as an door alarm and it evens as an bicycle locker too.
I've bulied a couple of prototypes already, but the size still needs to shrink a bit more and during the whole process I am coming up with idea after idea which I need to implement as well (its very hard to come to an end :) ).

Is there a book or something else what you could recommend me which is about how to start a good campaign for crowdfunding? How do I get the emails in the best possible way? Sorry in those kind of things I am an absolutely newbie and I am just at the beginning, but I am learning as hard and fast as I can.
DanielSch
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

by hyperstarter » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:48 pm

Probably this forum is the best place to start. If you're after something specific, perhaps get in touch - but it would be paid work.
Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: http://www.hyperstarter.com
hyperstarter
-- Veteran Member --
-- Veteran Member --

by Vanessa » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:58 pm

Hi Daniel,
Keep in mind that it takes time, patience and hard work to create your followers base. Be active on tech forums where you can find people interested in innovations and new gadgets. Be active on Twitter, growing your Twitter followers takes time and work too, but it'll be worth it. Talk with people, tell them what you're working on, slowly create a buzz about your lock.
While you're creating your follower base, take time to connect with influencers like bloggers and start building a kind of relationship with them. They have large following base and their opinion matters.
Find as much successful campaigns for locks as you can. Analyze them, try to figure what makes them great campaigns. Do the same with the campaigns that have failed, they're good examples of what not to do. Contact these campaign owners and ask them for advice many have gone through what you're goin now and are willing to help.
#1 Crowdfunding Campaign Optimization, Crowd Building & Promotion App https://www.krowdster.co/
Vanessa
-- Senior Member --
-- Senior Member --

Previous

Return to Share Your Kickstarter Story (Updates, Campaign Stats, Marketing Strategies Used)