Follow

KickstarterForum.org

This site is not affiliated with Kickstarter, Inc.

Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict)

Kickstarter Boosters? Are they legit?

Get your questions about Kickstarter or Crowdfunding answered here.

by coolinvent » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:18 pm

@letmehelpyouout - It would be helpful if you would post your rates (if any) on your home page to give potential buyers of your product a choice to see what they're getting into before signing on and giving email.
coolinvent
-- Veteran Member --
-- Veteran Member --

Share This Thread On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Reddit Reddit Share on Google+ Google+

by flashww » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:44 am

I see you have pulled your campaign

if you change your mind and decide to reboot project, try looking up retro gaming forums and magazines send them your idea you may then generate yourself a lot of funding as gaming market is huge get on Facebook and create blog to drive your project
Help promote Welsh film production, and get your name in credits awesome as awesome merch, https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/29 ... f=kicktraq
flashww
-- Senior Member --
-- Senior Member --

by Sam » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:41 pm

I was interested but now it feels like scam...
Sam
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

by coolinvent » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:38 pm

@flashww - who are you referring to?
I see you have pulled your campaign
coolinvent
-- Veteran Member --
-- Veteran Member --

by conkwe » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:16 am

I had someone message me too about the boostyourcampaign website. I wanted to try it, but the scam reports make me wary. And you can't get your money back through PayPal if anything goes wrong since its a service and not a tangible good.
All Natural Herbal Salve Kickstarter Campaign - Ends Nov. 3. Every share, tweet, comment, and pledge is much appreciated!
conkwe
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

by Nana Dwomoh » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:39 am

I've also received several mails from crowd funding boosters. I guess the answer is you need to follow your guts. If your guts tell you to try them out then you take the risk, but you must make sure you have researched them well and also their promises are feasible. Don't throw away too much money for monies you've not even raised.
Nana Dwomoh
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

by Dave's Meat & Nuts » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:36 pm

IMHO, there are many of these type of companies and I, personally, have a hard time seeing them delivering a positive ROI. From what i've seen there is no selection process so in theory any one of these companies can be promoting multiple projects in the same field/genre. As many of these companies are new , i also cant believe that they all (or any) have very strong media contacts. If you have the time and planning you can do almost all of it by yourself.

Again my humble opinion and would love to be proved wrong.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... nd-flavore

All natural awesome flavors of Beef Jerky & Roasted Nuts, now live on kickstarter.
Dave's Meat & Nuts

by bsenftner » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:29 pm

I launched my Kickstarter campaign for my personalized 3D Avatar creation technology mid last week, and have been receiving quite a few contacts from various booster comapnies. I've researched several, and the results are poor to mixed on everyone I've researched. One company with an equal number of good and bad reviews that I chose to try is fundzinger.com. Don't know if I wasted my time and money yet, as they required a comprehensive questionnaire which they say is going to be used for a media blast to journalists to write about Kickstarter campaigns that fit human interest angles they write about. We'll see if it moves my dial...

My campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bs ... ion-editor

and the company I'm trying for my promotions: www.fundzinger.com
bsenftner
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

by tristannyc » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:55 am

Would love to hear from people that used these services and the results they had. If any..
Romance in NYC - A Short film shot ENTIRELY on the iPhone 6: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 ... ne/backers
tristannyc

by aknicholas » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:19 pm

You should focus on building a real following of people who believe in your product or service. If you are having trouble with followers, focus on creating a better product or service. Remember to describe how you make the customer feel, not just the facts. For example a couch isn't just a sturdy piece of furniture, it brings families closer together.

A booster may give you a quick sense of enjoyment about your project, but you're just buying your own money. In the end, the booster will cost you more than it gains and it does not address the core reasons of why you don't have enough followers.
aknicholas
-- Senior Member --
-- Senior Member --

PreviousNext

Return to Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict)

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts