New Project: 2d Android MMORPG!
  • manderson99
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

New Project: 2d Android MMORPG!

by manderson99 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:45 pm

Hey sbriggman, you remember when I told you about a startup that might help me get that work PC upgrade I was trying to get earlier in the year? It finally happened. I got an Athlon II x2 220 for about $28. Go me.

The bigger news is that I've been working for Retro Trinity Gaming LLC, a company I co-founded with an old acquaintance, Andrew Johnson. We are dedicated to bringing a quality "old school" MMORPG experience to the Android operating system, along with some new twists and turns that, to the best of our knowledge, nobody has seen before in an MMO.

In order to get our project off the ground, we need some funding. Our project is still young, and Andrew is doing his best to get things rolling. I want to do my part by mentioning it here. Even if you can't contribute or simply do not wish to do so at this time, please consider spreading the word. We are very passionate about the game, and we are confident that we would be able to create something memorable with some help.

Thanks for hearing me out, and I hope you enjoy our video!

• justen
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: New Project: 2d Android MMORPG!

by justen » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:57 pm

Interesting game. As an avid gamer, I would love to see a bit more action and moving around during fights. This is a concept that big box MMOs are now starting to use often. Long gone area the days of standing still and auto-attacking. With telegraphing starting to become the norm, you might want to incorporate more movement into the combat.

Good luck with the project, look forward to hearing more about it!
  • manderson99
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by manderson99 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:28 am

Regrettably, Age of Steel and Magic has fallen far short of its funding goals. We haven't given up yet, though our next effort will not be directed at crowdsource funding.

justen, I agree that free-form movement has become more common in MMO combat (actually, Maple Story was doing this some time ago, in its own way). While our software demo did not necessarily convery how important movement will eventually become once the product is working as intended, I can tell you that we will be using "hit boxes" to determine whether or not attacks will be processes at hits or misses. In other words, one may dodge an attack by simply getting out of the way through movement on-screen.

Due to the limitations of touchscreen interfaces, that aspect of the game may be obscured for the many that choose to use our AI feature to handle many basic combat functions (think of something similar to the Final Fantasy "gambit" system, only implemented in a 2d Action RPG). It will still be possible to move one's character and execute attacks manually, though the number of attacks available will be limited by button slots, of which we shall have previous few to conserve screen real-estate. Ports of the game to other platforms and/or the availability of other interfaces (notably a keyboard) may improve the situation for those not wishing to use the AI assist.
  • ArnoldWilder
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by ArnoldWilder » Sat May 09, 2020 5:04 pm

very interesting game. I really like the idea. I think that mmorpg is the genre of the future. I can't wait to see some really big mmo projects in virtual reality. Just like in that anime, Sword Art Online, have you heard about it? I have played a lot of free mmorpgs from yourmoneygeek.com and I really like them, but I feel like something is missing. They still have a lot of things to improve. By the way, I haven't seen any good mmo on android, so I think that it would be great if you will create one
  • Ohohoholy
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Ohohoholy » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:12 am

What can I say here! One of the standout features of the Vision Pro https://www.virtualrealityexp.co.uk/app ... -pro-hire/ is the digital head, which facilitates a seamless transition from immersive VR to interactive AR. This seamless integration allows users to interact with augmented content overlaid on the real world, expanding the scope of potential applications. All information is on the website.