Follow

KickstarterForum.org

This site is not affiliated with Kickstarter, Inc.

Share Your Kickstarter Story (Updates, Campaign Stats, Marketing Strategies Used)

Crash! Bang! Wallop! (Working Title)

Treat this section like a blog for your Kickstarter journey. Feel free to share project stats and lessons learned. Hold yourself accountable to new weekly goals by sharing them with us!

by sbriggman » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:24 am

Very good breakdown on the pledges. Yea, the personal outreach is very time consuming, but of all the techniques I've seen, it yields the best ROI.

I've also seen creators use GreenInbox (after they've launched) in the past and gotten success. It basically helps you reach out to your personal contacts (other thread with a member who used it: post8898.html?hilit=green%20inbox#p8898)

It can help cut out some of the time consuming personal outreach. See: http://www.greeninbox.com/

I would release the stretch goals as you near them. First focus on getting traction. You can worry about the stretch goals as you get traction and "release them" to maintain traction. (Keep in mind, just my opinion. You are right, others have also released in the beginning).
Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
sbriggman
-- Veteran Member --
-- Veteran Member --

Share This Thread On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Reddit Reddit Share on Google+ Google+

by Andy_Sinclair » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:59 am

@ Sal Thanks for the feedback - checked out Greeinbox, but my budget is tiny so it is back to the trusty volunteers.
Andy_Sinclair

by Andy_Sinclair » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:07 pm

Hi,

Just a quick update......

Version 3 of video is back - it's better, but we need to re-shoot a couple of scenes - but, it is in a position that we can send a link of the project page to the composer!!!

TREPIDATION!

As well as his film career, he has composed music for over 4.000 adverts, working with some of the biggest creative advertising agencies in the world! And I am asking for feedback (not approval, just feedback!) on a page that I have created - seems a bit cheeky to me!

Cheers,

Andy
Andy_Sinclair

by Andy_Sinclair » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:12 am

Hi,

Another day, another headache!

Initial feedback on the video and project page is positive, so we are just into the tweaking section - however, some of the feedback is that the 'call to action' on the video is a bit weak!

And I have to agree........

But my volunteer video girl Jo has other (better) things to do........ aaaahhh!

So I am between a rock and a hard place - want to make changes to parts of the video, but will settle for a re-shoot of the 'call to action'; but don't have my video girl - who I have to say has done a fantastic job that I am so grateful for....

Will just have to try and change her mind...

Cheers,

Andy
Andy_Sinclair

by Andy_Sinclair » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:31 am

Andy_Sinclair wrote:Will just have to try and change her mind...

Ha... that didn't work!

No video volunteer and we do need to make some changes!!!

And my headaches are building up:-

My PR guy got a full-time job - Great for him, terrible for me!
The Cinema for the launch, after lots of phaffing around, have let me down!
My secondary venue, a small theatre, is shut on that day!
Local TV now have a clash and can't film until 12th October!

Need some good news......

I have a call to the composer at 10am tomorrow to get feedback, discuss PR & rewards - just hope that isn't added to my list of minor disasters!!!

Keep on smiling :D

Cheers,

Andy
Andy_Sinclair

by Charles » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:16 pm

Andy_Sinclair wrote:Need some good news......

You're still focused, and those things that you are viewing as "disasters" really aren't disasters. They just seem that way.

You've already done some very solid ground work. None of that has disappeared. Your project will get off to a good, solid start, for the very reason that you have made personal contact with so many different individuals - individuals who already have an interest in that which underlies your project. Namely, the People's Orchestra.

You raise the money, and your composer of note will be on board.

You'll raise the money. You'll exceed your funding goal. The actual amount that you seek isn't exorbitant, plus you have a body of helpers in the form of your orchestra members. Thus, your project has social mass, before you even launch it.

Just stay focused. Just stay productive, no matter what the world and others around you are doing.

Things are progressing well for your project, in spite of any fears that you may be allowing to pop up, now and again.
Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
Charles
-- Veteran Member --
-- Veteran Member --

by Andy_Sinclair » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:19 pm

@ Charles... Thanks for the comment, just pre-launch nerves!!

Crash! Bang! Wallop! sounds too much like a percussion piece, so I have changed the working title to {Working Title}

6.JPG
6.JPG (26.41 KiB) Viewed 1758 times

Countdown....

It's all hands to the pump now....

Last changes to video and kickstarter page
PR interview being organised
Social Media campaign has started
emailings to supporters

Cheers,

Andy
Andy_Sinclair

by Andy_Sinclair » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:25 am

The Energy of Youth - You Gotta love It!!!

5.JPG
5.JPG (26.51 KiB) Viewed 1739 times

I have been working on this project for well over 3 months and I have a team that have done some great work - but it has been under my direction and supervision!!

I have tried to keep the lid on things, so that we had a planned campaign, rather than a free for all - but these guys have been chomping at the bit to really let go - and now we are so close i finally took off the shackles - the energy in the office has been electric! Ideas for promotion flying around like crazy, excited conversations, lots of brilliant work and everyone of them a volunteer.

PR

The local Sunday paper is carrying a story on Sunday - The local Daily is doing an interview on Monday & we are on the local Radio station on Monday morning as well - so we should have a real buzz for the launch!

Lots to do - but it's coming together.

Cheers,

Andy
Andy_Sinclair

by Andy_Sinclair » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:26 am

Big Day Today

The composer is coming up to meet with the orchestra. He is going to hear the orchestra rehearse, then do a Q&A session, then go to the pub & for a curry with them!

This is my attempt to really get the players enthused before the launch - if I can motivate 50 players to spread the word and actively work at securing pledges then we will be off to a flying start - if they don't get enthused, why should anyone unconnected with the orchestra get enthused?

It should be an interesting day.

Cheers,

Andy
3.JPG
3.JPG (26.7 KiB) Viewed 1713 times
Andy_Sinclair

by Andy_Sinclair » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:00 pm

Hi,

what a night....... Composer came up from London and we had a ball....

He watched the orchestra and was very complimentary...
Then we watches a short DVD of some of his work - wow!
A fabulous Q & A session...
Then he played Sax for us... out of this world!!
A trip to the pub...
... and finished with a Curry!

Great Night! If that doesn't enthuse the orchestra than I will eat my hat!

Cheers,

Andy

2.JPG
2.JPG (26.44 KiB) Viewed 1702 times
Andy_Sinclair

PreviousNext

Return to Share Your Kickstarter Story (Updates, Campaign Stats, Marketing Strategies Used)

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts