crowdfundpros.com - NO NO
  • mibuho
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: crowdfundpros.com - NO NO

by mibuho » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:18 am

We hired gogorocket too for a indiegogo campaignand, yes you guessed right, we got screwed over badly

After running their service for 2 days we decided to stop - they where sending generic traffic to the campaign, probably generated by bots

Long story short, we asked them to refund, but their answer was that they don't refund, so we opened a website to tell the world about the way those guys do business.
    Have a look here if you want to get more details on this scam
    http://www.gogorocketwarning.com

For the ones who got screwed by those guys too: shoot me a PM, I'm working to get those guys down and into jail

• mibuho
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by mibuho » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:23 am

TakeAwayCoffee wrote:Hi Sal ,

Would you be so kind and give us a tips , which brand is good to help us with get better gogo factor ?
    We got many offers from diffrent website like gogorocket or crowdfundzoom ?

Do you know anyone who will work in a success fee method ?

I think that is the best options for people with project like ours

Joe from gogorocket write us to look at this link :

https://www.facebook.com/boostgogofactor

You think thats is true that their clients are on top on indiegogo through their work ?

Our project : http://igg.me/at/1ig4Y2Z/x/6958657

just read www.gogorocketwarning.com and you have your answer
    TheGreyNinja
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by TheGreyNinja » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm

Very interesting. Since crowdfunding is still a newer platform, we're still getting acclimated to some of the scams going on.

I was approached by someone after launching my own campaign offering to promote it. After asking more specifics on HOW my campaign would be promoted, they responded "I think LinkedIn and Facebook would be the best platforms for your project." There was so much they were not telling me, that it reeked of scam.

If you're not sure about a scam - the more specific you start to get with them, the more the wool starts to fall apart that they're trying to pull over your eyes.
  • mibuho
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by mibuho » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:06 am

i got hit by several people when we started the campaign, some even asked for $1800 to get me on top, but they couldn't or wouldn't want to explain me what they will do to achieve this
    As for gogorocket.com, they are for sure conartists and i'm fighting to get at least my money back, i opened a dispute with Paypal, but they declined, and now it got elevated to a claim. If i ever get a cent back, no idea....

I also contacted the NLCFA and informed them about this scam, they told me that they will look into this - not sure how seriously....

I'll post an update when i have some updates
    coolinvent
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by coolinvent » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:20 am

Didn't have experience using them but it seems if your project isn't going the way you think it will, then you start to get desperate. As crowdfunding get more popular, there are more and more "fixers" to your problems. They sell a pretty good product but you really have to be careful. I've always run a scam check on companies like this and it's pretty amazing what comes up.
    dylanmad

by dylanmad » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:37 pm

I've set up four or five "helpers", but two of them are Ayudos and Crowdfundbuzz respectively. So far all those services put together may have got me two new backers this week, but who knows? I'm in that middle campaign plateau and we'll just see what them, the others, and Kicktraq Ads Beta can put together for me.
    Dremico Evans
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Dremico Evans » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:13 am

Well....this is all very disturbing. Here we are trying to get funded and people steal from us. I'm very selective of the services that I use, but I can't predict who is genuine or not.
    coolinvent
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by coolinvent » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:58 pm

Just goes to say not to get desperate especially in the last week. Not all are bad but there are so many of these companies today, you really have to do your homework. I just got an email the other day, obviously they are just mass writing anyone with a campaign. As you can read they said they could help us reach our goal when in fact our goal was reached weeks ago. Now, had they said they could help me further even though my goal was reached, maybe I would have investigated them a little further. Here's the copy of the email. You'll notice how the salutation starts with (not even bothering to find out who the creator is but just the project name) "Hi Franken Edison Light - It's Alive"

Hi Franken Edison Light - It's Alive!,

I was looking at your Kickstarter Campaign and noticed that we could help you get more backers to reach your goal of $3000. Since you currently have around 19 and less than 15 days to go, the need to raise more money is very important. This is where CrowdTimer.com is the leading expert in getting you more backers. Visit our website and send me a reply if you have any question. Lets raise funds together by getting you more exposure.

Adam Mouton
    http://Crowdtimer.com
    BumptoBaby

by BumptoBaby » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:43 pm

I agree, in this climate it's hard to tell which are the legitimate sites. And then, if your project isn't a great one or doesn't appeal to people as expected, would they be upfront and say that they wouldn't work with you? I mean I guess there's a market for everything out there... so having a PR for crowdfunding is just like having a marketing department for a business.
    http://kck.st/1ptmiZX A creative hand painted pregnancy countdown. A fun, beautiful way to follow baby's growth. A unique gift. Part art, part journal.
  • oldmanbeefjerky
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by oldmanbeefjerky » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:26 am

well it just goes to show we should all stick to kickstarter and indiegogo