crowdfundpros.com - NO NO
  • LimaKhan
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: crowdfundpros.com - NO NO

by LimaKhan » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:51 pm

Thank you for sharing this, a lot of these ads for Crowdfunding Promotion look so tempting, but I can't but help think they're a rip-off.

Even if they do as they say, who's to say all of the followers they have aren't fake? After all, people make money out selling followers! These guys can just buy loads of followers for $10, offer to tweet your project for $100 and they're laughing!

flashww
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by flashww » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:54 am

problem is the campaigners are easy money, especially if you project is underfunded or close but needs extra push.

shame there isn't a pyramid scheme on the forum like crowdcrux link

get-tweeted-out-to-4-000-followers-crowdcrux-t1683.html

where people on forum swap campaign links and agree to post on twitter and Facebook once getting the word out to more people without over spamming
    Help promote Welsh film production, and get your name in credits awesome as awesome merch, https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/29 ... f=kicktraq
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:09 pm

@flashww - I am also open to people on the forum doing their own promotions like "I'll share your campaign on my facebook page if you do the same" Or coming up with other creative promotions. Just shoot me a PM with the link to your promotion thread or idea and if it's clearly explained, I will probably make it a sticky thread.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • Sean A
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Sean A » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:50 pm

Stay away from Ayudos and don't waste your money!!! They are nothing more than a scam website. I purchased their service and after the intro email I never heard from them again despite repeated emails. 6 times to be exact without any reply. This is a HORRIBLE service and I would NEVER recommend Ayudos and Mike to anyone. It's interesting that he only replies when the complaints go public...
  • SoftTempest

by SoftTempest » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:06 pm

Our experience is that all these new-fangled crowdfunding PR (public relations) outfits do monitor Kickstarter and Indiegogo and GoFundMe and elsewhere for newly launched projects. That would be a logical thing to do if you were in the business, wouldn't it? The real problem for me, it seems, is when they guarantee funding success, or couch their promotion offers in similarly seductive language. We paid on such PR outfit $250 (their entry-level "Bronze" service) on our first, successfully funded Kickstarter campaign. We did spot checks via Google to see if indeed they were creating the Facebook links and Twitter posts (they were). Did we get even one new donation attributed to their social media intervention? ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY AFFIRMATIVELY UNEQUIVOCALLY EMPHATICALLY RESOUNDINGLY NO! Meaning, no we did not get a single new backer following their intervention.

Ditto, our current campaign at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/67 ... fairy-tale. The number of current backers speaks volumes for the efforts of the different PR firm. But, again, we have verified their social media posting claims, an they have given us an account with a ddashboard to see their posts which they also email nightly to us. So, while undoubtedly some off these PR outfits are scammers (just as some Kickstarter creators are being reported by backers as scammers), none have a magic wand to transform a campaign you are personally invested in and thus exuberant about, into a funding smorsgasbord where strangers will flock and open their wallets. On outfit seems to be able to deliver 100% of the time, because they target the media exclusively and eschew Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest. They don't even do MySpace :lol:

So, the long and short of it is, we have used them but found the to be neither scammers nor beneficial. If anyone wants actual names of the 2 crowdfunding PR firms, I'll be happy to disclose them in a reply. I will also be happy to divulge the name of the PR firm we vetted and found to deliver almost 100% of the time (although they are the first to disclaim any such guarantee). Good luck, guys (gender neutral usage).
  • onthewaterlifestyle
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by onthewaterlifestyle » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:53 am

Thanks for the warnings and great info.

Cheryl
    http://igg.ie/at/GulfCoastWaves
  • jdbelsterling
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by jdbelsterling » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:16 am

Heard a lot of the ones not to go with, anyone know if there are legit ones to go with?
    Innovate education AND give back to underserved NYC students through MajorClarity's Kickstarter. Check it out here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jo ... ajor-today
    La Salita Cafe
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by La Salita Cafe » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:37 pm

ReelKlip1 wrote:I would like to also include that ayudos and crowdfundbuzz are a scam, they took our money and wrote a copy and paste press release with spelling errors. When we confronted them about it they said that even The New York Times makes spelling errors and sent us a copy of some article that had errors on it. They didn't even fix it, like seriously guys these people are ruthless scammers making a joke out of project creators and taking their money for crap worthless work. I will never invest in these two ever again and warn everyone to be careful when you look for promotional services.

Oh my! Sssoooooooo glad I saw this! I was going to pay ayudos! Glad I didn't!
    La Salita Café, a movement to empower Puerto Rico's local artists and support local agriculture!
    http://kck.st/YUBXWn
    La Salita Cafe
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by La Salita Cafe » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:31 am

Update: Stay away from Kickstartmyads.com

This Nick dude keeps emailing me no matter how many times I tell him I am not interested in his copy/paste emails or service and to remove me from his list! His last email... very unprofessional and rude saying "Of course, if you would like your campaign to stay on the same track, we shall not interfere. Please do not respond as I must respond to all emails. "

Seriously guy?? YOU are the one who keeps emailing me no matter how many times I tell you to remove me from your list! Aaarrggghhh!
    La Salita Café, a movement to empower Puerto Rico's local artists and support local agriculture!
    http://kck.st/YUBXWn
  • SoftTempest

by SoftTempest » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:58 pm

He was doing the same silliness with SoftStorms' Halloween Chronicles Kickstarter Campaign despite polite "not interested" replies from our end. Finally, we marked his Kickstart My Ads emails as Spam. Last time i peeked in that self-deleting folder, yep, over 12 unread emails were in there from that stiff-necked, hard-headed guy.