What type of wallets do you folks prefer?
  • benpow93
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

What type of wallets do you folks prefer?

by benpow93 » Mon May 12, 2014 2:08 pm

I'm not here to ask for funding so do not worry. I'm here to ask for opinions instead!

I did launch my project on Indiegogo though, but didn't make the necessary preparation for it. I had left out so many crucial aspect like building a community prior to the project launch. But oh well at least it was a lesson well learnt.

Are crowdfunding marketing actually real or reliable? I'm asking this because in just 7 days of launching, I received more than 6 private comments that are related to crowdfunding marketing. Some of these are fundzinger, platinummetrics, and so many more .....

Are these services even necessary? Does anyone even have success with them? Read so many bad reviews on several forums....

For anyone interested in a hard case wallet, you might want to take a look at my project https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the- ... /x/7350162

Do give me some feedback on my wallet so I could improve on my next one if I were to ever try crowdfunding again! Cheers :D

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: What type of wallets do you folks prefer?

by sbriggman » Mon May 12, 2014 3:53 pm

Personally, I don't like it when marketing firms will message creators on the platform. It's against TOS and is spam. I would highly recommend googling the names of these marketing firms to see if there are any reviews. Could you list the names of all the marketing firms that contacted you and we can help with the research?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • benpow93
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by benpow93 » Mon May 12, 2014 4:01 pm

They are:
    StartupValue.com
    www.boostyourcampaign.us
    http://platinummetrics.com/
    http://thecrowdfundmarketing.com/
    Some fiverr gigs

Got another one stating :
    Hey!
    I am Nuala and I am a press release Writer. Helping people with press releases for crowdfund projects..
    We believe we can help you with your campaign by getting your campaign found.

You like it?
    Feel free to reach out to me: nualaacosta@m.ymails.org

Talk soon.
    Regards Nuala Acosta
  • vanlo
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

currently resolving

by vanlo » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:36 pm

we are currently working on resolving the topic.
    Last edited by vanlo on Wed May 27, 2015 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Gianni
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Gianni » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:38 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience with Fundzinger vanlo, I am working with them as well and will share my feedback too.

Once you payed for someones services via PayPal or your credit card, it is very difficult to get back your money. Payal's resolution center only helps you, when the dispute is about an material item. For not received services you don't receive any protection at all.

In my experience the problem is more on the seller side than on the buyer side, since is the seller usually having difficulties to prove that the digital item/service was delivered. I believe PayPal has some sort of buyer protection for digital goods/services that should apply to pledges as well. I may check with PayPal to see what they say.
  • onthewaterlifestyle
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by onthewaterlifestyle » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:53 am

Do these comments with marketing advertising promos count as comments toward the campaign because I have deleted a few.

Cheryl
    http://igg.me/at/GulfCoastWaves
  • nathancohorst
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by nathancohorst » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:47 am

I like the kinds that fold 3 ways
  • onthewaterlifestyle
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by onthewaterlifestyle » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:35 pm

Just took a look at your video that shows the wallet with its coin and card compartments. I like the easy built in money clip. The Pig Wallet is really smart looking. I was surprised at its thinness and the comparison to a leather bi-fold I believe it was.

Cheryl
    http://igg.me/at/GulfCoastWaves