Just backed "Momensity"
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Just backed "Momensity"

by sbriggman » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:57 pm

Just backed the Momensity campaign on Kickstarter.

Screen Shot 2014-08-28 at 12.55.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-28 at 12.55.14 PM.png (249.53 KiB) Viewed 3662 times

I'm impressed by Jermon's persistence in seeing the project through and what he's accomplished already. He's also from DC (I went to college in Washington, DC).

I hate business cards (also no one ever brings them to networking events in the startup world it seems) and would like to see some kind of mobile app alternative. Think the app is a step in the right direction.

Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • myplayground
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Just backed "Momensity"

by myplayground » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:00 pm

I love the concept! And you are right, there aren't good alternatives to the "business card"
  • JayRM
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by JayRM » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:00 am

So basically the idea is to get another social networking "website" up in the form of just the app with a netflix-like search algorithm to match common interests. Maybe I missed it, but it doesn't say how much the app will be. I'm guessing free, but you pay money if you want to use extra features. I like the idea of having to exchange "electronic business cards", but I'm not completely sold on the whole idea yet. Personally, I like to find out about what other people are into that I am not and see why it interests them (which is the opposite of a netflix-like search algorithm).
    Our Kickstarter campaign is now live! http://www.reincarnatemfg.com/kickstarter/ Snowboard-like skateboard with no bindings!
  • dvelle
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by dvelle » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:20 pm

JayRM thanks so much for giving me the opportunity to clarify.

The Momensity app, with permission, pulls and anaylzes the data from all your other social networking accounts and other online accounts to create Momensity profiles called "Exchange Cards".

The app works by crunching and analyzing the Big Data spread over all the social networks and other online accounts which two people, connecting through the app, may have. One benefit with the Momensity app, one person is only required to have the app for the offline connection to work. How? With Momensity everyone gets a personal barcode that most mobile devices can scan; instructing the device (that does not have the app) to download Momensity and complete the Momensity “connection process”.

The app uses a neural network/artificial intelligence based algorithm which resides in the cloud to match what's going on in your life with that of the person you are connecting with, and the Exchange Card shows each person only what they may be excited to know about the other based on the algorithms research. The more you use the app itself the better quality the results of what you want to know from the other person.

Exchange Cards are dynamic and change every time you review them as your life changes the Exchange Card reflect how you can connect and support people you meet and know differently.

I hope this helps?

I didn't want to put this on the kickstarter as it gets wordy...but what do you think? Should I add this deeper dive somewhere in the momensity kickstarter story?

http://momensity.com/newsroom/
  • JayRM
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by JayRM » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:48 pm

hi dvelle,

I'm not sure about how much I should comment as this thread wasn't initially about review, but the idea about the ebusiness card is interesting to me. Personally, the AI algorithm may be interesting, but as long as each member/user has control of what is being shared. I imagine that not everyone on Facebook has the same contacts in LinkedIn, or in Google Plus, or on MySpace if that's still around, mainly because there are certain things people may not want to share with another group of people. Facebook and LinkIn have completely different vibes that can attract different people and show different aspects of each person's life.

I don't know about how much you should add as I think I'm having that issue myself with my own campaign. But I do think you should add information on whether or not you would have to pay for the app after the kickstarter campaign ends. The website lists "20 In-App Credit" under Digital Native, which makes me think you would have to pay for something in the future and In-App Credits aren't mentioned in the Kickstarter Campaign. The campaign looks great, just hesitant about a couple things.
    Our Kickstarter campaign is now live! http://www.reincarnatemfg.com/kickstarter/ Snowboard-like skateboard with no bindings!
  • dvelle
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by dvelle » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:57 pm

Thanks so much...
  • jdbelsterling
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by jdbelsterling » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:32 am

Great idea, but just checked it out and not sure if it's going to hit it's goal. Still plan on releasing the app or no? If so, let us know!
    Innovate education AND give back to underserved NYC students through MajorClarity's Kickstarter. Check it out here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jo ... ajor-today
  • dvelle
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by dvelle » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:58 pm

First thanks for the investment of time and financial support. I agree, I am not on track to make the financial goal of $10,000. I did have reach my goal of a refined marketing message for the Momensity technology's commercial offerings.

Thanks everyone for your ideas, comments, and concerns the most valuable lesson I have learned as a software engineer is the market does NOT care how it works - which I spent a considerable time promoting; instead I should have promoted what's the emotional benefit and the practical benefit for me. I watched the Coolest campaign and other successful campaigns over and over and the message in my engineer's mind appeared to be how the product worked, but once my vision was cleared they promoted the practical benefits and features; where I was promoting how the app worked. :(

As I can now see how to market and promote, I looked at the consumer benefits/features of the app and found it would be best to break the app into 3 smaller apps that will be released, under the moniker "Social Discovery Apps":

Love by Momensity - instantly know how romantically compatible you are with the singles you meet | https://www.facebook.com/momensitylove to be $1.99 a month

Exchange Cards by Momensity - the modern business card for the modern business, real-time customer relationship discovery and management tools, with powerful "show and sell" capabilities | https://www.facebook.com/exchangecards to be $4.99 a month for basic services

Community Centre by Momensity - a professional matchmaking dashboard to leverage the power of your community, family, neighborhood, organization, team through crowdsourcing/sharing/funding inception, social awareness and organization tools | https://www.facebook.com/pages/Communit ... 291?ref=hl to be FREE but ad-supported

Yes, the FREE momensity app, as a single app could do all of the above but I was always talking about the technology and how it worked in my kickstarter videos, so now I think by creating separate brands and separate UIs the target audiences will see the value much more clearly and the separation frees me from having to counter-balance the messaging.

Again thanks everyone! Stay tuned for Momensity Inc. and Social Discovery Apps next year.
  • herc2014
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by herc2014 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:42 pm

Nice one. H