Post Reply 361 posts
How many projects have you backed and why do you back them?
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

How many projects have you backed and why do you back them?

by sbriggman » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:46 am

Question:
    1. How many projects have you backed on Kickstarter
    2. What is your most frequent reason for backing?

My answer:

1. I have backed 82 projects.

2. Usually, because I like the creator or their creation and want to be able to say I was a part of this cool new ____.

Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • jhelenmarie
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: How many projects have you backed and why do you back th

by jhelenmarie » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:01 am

1. I have backed 10 projects, with my 10th being this awesome Kickstarter called OneAdaptr TWIST that I saw on Twitter. You can see here: ow.ly/G9p5a

2. I really like innovative and creative technology and being able to say I was one of the first to have supported the project. Plus I think it's cool to support startups and entrepreneurs who wouldn't be able to make their projects a reality without crowdfunding.
  • FBK
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by FBK » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:38 pm

How many projects have I backed?

I have lost count. Or should I say that I don't keep count.

Why?

I especially love to back do-good projects. It's my way of giving back to a world in which there is so much negativity.

I also back silly projects, just because. I need a good laugh and if a project makes me laugh because it's so creative, I will back it.

I back projects because as a campaign creator I know the importance of getting support in order to succeed. I believe in paying it forward.

The latest project I've backed is Marvel Onesies - I backed the project because I'm a kid at heart and I would totally rock the jammies.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/marv ... #/comments

Best,

Frankie Johnnie
    Last edited by FBK on Thu May 28, 2015 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • hollyelizabeth
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by hollyelizabeth » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:01 pm

1. I have backed two projects.

2. I back up projects because in either really passionate about the film they are trying to make or because it is a fellow filmmaker and I know how difficult it is to get a film made with little resources and I try to help out with whatever I can.
    MochShot
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by MochShot » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:16 am

I just recently joined Kickstarter and have backed 2 projects so far. I just finished up school so I don't have much pocket money. However the projects I have backed relate to indie game development. I am currently developing (and trying to market) my own game (which if anyone has done so, its very nerve racking!). There is only so much we can do, so that is why I show as much love and support for other indie game devs. Large companies just push new games every day for a quick buck or two.. I would rather support a smaller team who puts all the blood and sweat into their games.

Passion projects are always the ones that turn out to be the greatest!
  • FBK
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by FBK » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:25 pm

I back projects often.

And that's because, as previously stated; I want to support campaign creators so when I create my next campaign it will receive support. But besides that I like backing campaigns for the following reasons:

Some make me laugh.

Some make me realize that there are still a lot of people that want to do good in this world

Some projects tug at my heart.

Here's the latest project that I have backed and it tugs at my heart because it's so important to connect with your children and what better way to do that then with story telling. Storytelling fosters your child's creativity, it enhances their vocabulary, and I could go on, and on.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... n=73ec2326
    Last edited by FBK on Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Choco0912
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Choco0912 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:12 am

I've backed 6 projects, and I've backed all of them because I'd like to use their product.
    I have yet to back a project just for the sake of seeing them succeed... For me, I like getting something tangible in return, so I tend to back projects that I personally find useful for myself.
  • Fpex
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Fpex » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:12 am

23 so far with a few extra I cancelled the pledge due to lost trust in the creator.
    So far the biggest have been a failure and I doubt they will even deliver, while the smaller have been great.
    I fund what I find cool and I would love to have also!
  • madiver
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by madiver » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:32 pm

I've backed about a dozen products. Most of them have been gadgets or other items that I simply thought were cool or useful. I did fund a SciFi short film as well just because I loved the idea. I guess a major motivation is just being part of something that is just getting off the ground ... even if it's in a small way.
  • Squito Host
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Squito Host » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:48 am

Hello,

I love backing video gamers personally however can't say I have don't it lately due to starting my own business up. I enjoy helping indie game developers with the games that seem to find the sweet spots in gaming. Who said a small team of developers couldn't come out with such quality in the game Starbound. I backed Planets Cube as my first project planets-cube.com =0

Regards!
    Isaac K.
Post Reply 361 posts