Post Reply 260 posts
Has your Kickstarter experience been positive or negative?
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Has your Kickstarter experience been positive or negative?

by sbriggman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:47 pm

It's exciting to read some of the stories that creators have put together regarding the launch of their new product on Kickstarter!

Would love to hear if the process has been positive or negative so far! Feel free to answer one of these and share your project as well.

- Have you learned any new skills (marketing/social media)?
    - Have you gotten any backers you don't know?
    - What has been frustrating?
    - How did you motivate yourself daily?
    - Are you planning on starting a business if your Kickstarter goes well?
    - What tools or websites do you recommend (others than this one haha)?

Sal

Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • Ickleon
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Has your Kickstarter experience been positive or negativ

by Ickleon » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:40 am

This is my 4th day since the campaign start. its so frustating that we only get around 13k / 68k CAD.

so my answer to these question will :
    Yes I Have !

A plenty

the traffic is too low. Only about 3500 click. How can i increase the traffic ?

I Dont... LOL

Perhaps

Well... i would like to try krowdster.co, anyone have any experience with them ?

You can see my project : bit.ly/wftosks
  • melissact
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by melissact » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:17 pm

POSITIVE: I have learned so much so far. I'd never worked with iMovie, wasn't on Twitter, hadn't ever linked social media icons to a site, etc. etc.

We've gotten backers we don't know, but it's been steadily between 9-11%. So the vast majority have come to us on KS because we urged them to.

FRUSTRATION: When the technology doesn't work. We've had more than 5 backers tell us they can't back - the site doesn't work for them. One of these wants to pledge $3K - that's almost 10% of our goal - and she spent over 80 minutes trying, determining that it is not her bank or credit card that's the problem, and is fed up with the lack of available support. I know when I've submitted support tickets, I get generic responses that seem to be from low on the food chain, that mostly point me or the backer to FAQs.

With 9 days and 39% left to go, this is incredibly frustrating.

There is NO issue motivating myself daily! Either I'm working on it because we need to reach more people, or I'm working on it because I'm so excited at the progress.

I recommend Kicktraq, and crowdfundingpr,

• jpurd17
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by jpurd17 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:49 am

So far it has been successful, still looking for backers to help with a project that feeds hungry Americans with their cool eye wear and clothing.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10 ... that-feeds
  • bboy44
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by bboy44 » Fri May 01, 2015 6:05 pm

I'm just curious on how you find people to partner with, that have ran successful campaigns
  • SeedsinaDarkFruitSky
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by SeedsinaDarkFruitSky » Sun May 03, 2015 11:46 pm

I only just started, but am already super nervous and anxious about not succeeding. There are so many unsuccessful projects on Kickstarter, I am afraid to become another statistic.

This is my dream, and it is an amazing way to share Haitian voices with the world.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/se ... rt-stories

How do I help it succeed? How do I not freak out over this?
  • mvawdre2
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by mvawdre2 » Fri May 08, 2015 7:02 pm

This is my first project and I've had mixed feelings. I've learned a lot about campaigning and crowdfunding, which I'm glad about. All my backing so far has been from acquaintances, though I'm hoping to draw more funding from 'non-acquaintances.'
    I'm having similar issues as melissact, people aren't being allowed to back. Has anyone else seen this or found a solution?
    It's not difficult for me to get motivated, my kickstarter is for something I am very passionate about. I would like to start my own production company eventually, but that may take more time even if my project is funded.
    I've notices that kickingitforward.org is a pretty good site for mutual project creators.

If you'd like to see my project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 ... short-film
  • herbsack
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by herbsack » Mon May 11, 2015 5:05 am

It has been 3 weeks and yet I have raised only a half of my target fund. Somehow I derail of project campaign. Though I'm trying my best and is very positive towards my project success. If my project funded successfully then I'll comeback here to share my story. Right now I need people who can fund my project and help me meet my target.
  • psbroaddus
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by psbroaddus » Mon May 11, 2015 5:03 pm

I think the harder you work at Kickstarter, the more positive the experience becomes.

POSITIVE:

We love how easy Kickstarter makes it to build and promote a project.

We also love how positive the community is on Kickstarter. It is fun to see so many projects that give back to the community, to others, to the world.

NEGATIVE:

Not much - we haven't bumped into any technical difficulties yet. I guess we'll have to post again after fulfillment if anything changes!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/34 ... eros-curse
  • inflightgamesus
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by inflightgamesus » Tue May 12, 2015 10:50 pm

Hi, my name's Jonathan Hillis. I just launched my first Kickstarter for a game I made called, "Outlast: The Zombie Card Game". Here's the Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/68 ... -card-game

It's a simple mechanics, highly strategic, competitive, zombie themed card game. The catch about this inexpensive game is you only need a standard deck of playing cards to play. However, there is so much to the game that having the game parts and rules is necessary, for beginners.

Overall, I expected a lot more people who've played the game already and are friends/family of mine to promote it more. It would be unfair for me to be upset that they are "sharing" it as much as I'd hope, but it is unexpected.

I've actually had more people back my game who I don't know than who I do know.

I'm learning tons through this process though about advertising, design, marketing, and more. My hope for this project is just get this going and raise interest with this version of the game. If people really enjoy it, I will take it to the next level and have custom artwork, game box/board, specific cards, and more. This will allow me to do a lot more with the game than the Standard Playing Cards allows, so it will be great if people like this.

Thanks for starting this thread, and it's great to be known.
    -J
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/68 ... -card-game
Post Reply 260 posts