Re: Contacting the Press

by Mattgo » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:59 pm

Looks spectacular!

• pixelpixi
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by pixelpixi » Mon May 04, 2015 10:02 pm

I made a big list of blogs and new sites, then went through and contacted each one several days ahead of launch. I got some really positive feedback and I think the personal touch was worthwhile.

On some sites, they have an email address or form for tips. On others you can find email addresses for particular people
    Jonathan08
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Jonathan08 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:07 am

Buzzsumo isn't "free" by the way. They get you to sign up for a free account but all the juicy stuff can only be accessed with their pro account @ 99/moth. Now, that's not cheap, but from looking at what they provides, instant searching of any topic brings up any relevant share, tweet or pin by any blogger or influencer big or small... with the option of exporting that data.... that's really powerful stuff. Unfortunately it's a little outside my budget. I think if I could afford it, I wouldn't be croud sourcing in the first place :). Good to know about them though.
  • skosmach
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by skosmach » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:16 am

sbriggman wrote:I've found email to be the best way, but you can also get their attention via social media and press releases.

Regarding finding publications, I'd look up BuzzSumo. I did a review of them on my blog. It's a free tool and you can use it to find people and publications that are writing about particular topics, filter by keywords, time, etc.

Thank sbriggman! Digging into this now. So much to do right before a launch.
  • andrew212
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by andrew212 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:34 am

Great topic on sharing how to contact the press!! anyway as long as you have a good why, they will notice and consider your post.
    Apparel Empire, an apparel manufacturer in Singapore. We're willing to handle any fashion development for your Kickstarter and crowdfunding projects. Check out our website: www.aeempire.com or drop me an email: exclusively@aeempire.com
  • smoremagazine
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by smoremagazine » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:05 pm

Very useful thread..trying to get a press for my smore magazine kickstarter launch
    A Big Bang for Young Brains: Introducing Smore Magazine
    Now Live on Kickstarter http://kck.st/2nsgrbd
    eMinnow
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by eMinnow » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:50 am

Buzzsumo is expensive and I am not really sure how beneficial it is but I guess it saves you some time if you don't want to sit like I do pouring through information, media, articles etc to get the same results.
    David Tye
    eMinnow the worlds first robotic fishing lure! now AVAILABLE to pre-order now via:
    Indiegogo On Demand: http://bit.ly/2qzwRjC