Victim of Kickstarter SCAM!
  • dawnsole
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Victim of Kickstarter SCAM!

by dawnsole » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:13 pm

Right now there is a FAKE Kickstarter campaign that ripped me off. Out of nowhere I decided to google my product and it came up. All of a sudden I see a campaign under Kickstarter when mine is under Indiegogo.
    Kickstarter didn't do their due diligence and check and just posted whatever was sent to them by these thieves and it's all my IP and everything. So someone copied and pasted my ENTIRE Indiegogo campaign and launched under Kickstarter and raised about$17k. If Kickstarter did their research they would have seen that there is already an account with Indiegogo and that I am the owner of Pluck N' File…if you google Pluck N' File it is clear that I am the owner and Kickstarter would have known not to launch. Funny thing is last year I tried to launch through KS with the first version of my product and they denied me! so I have the emails saved and showed them with my attorney copied, how can you deny me the REAL owner last year and now you approve a FAKE with my updated version without first verifying everything? I own ALL the IP. They have the account still up showing "suspended" but it isn't my account it is the FAKE account. But the people who go to Kickstarter don't know that….they think it is really Pluck N' File and that makes me look so bad. That makes my brand look bad when it isn't even me, plus whoever donated to the KS campaign will not get the product because those people cannot fulfill the orders since it was a scam., so again how does that make me look? What protection do people like me have then from poachers of crowdfunding campaigns if the platforms like KS are not doing their due diligence. They dropped the ball big time and i am suing them. The campaign is still up and needs to be taken down off the site.

The people who posted the fake account were trying to raise the funds to take and run and obviously cannot fulfill orders. Horrible people.

Has anyone else gone through this?

Here is the fake account and below is the real one so you can see. People need to be educated on this.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... nav_search

here is the real one in Indiegogo.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pluc ... /x/8568074

thanks,

Dawn

coolinvent
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Victim of Kickstarter SCAM!

by coolinvent » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:50 pm

We are currently a victim of an Indiegogo scam. Our project is currently running on Kickstarter: http://kck.st/1IioTzL

I received an email from a Kickstarter backer (didn't back mine) telling me that someone was scamming our project. Here's the link to theirs: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/levitation-cube-laser-lighted-prisms#/story

Not only have they copied and pasted, but they are claiming to be me! I have a patent pending on this. Have notified Indiegogo of this. Hope their quick to respond before anyone gets taken on this.
  • asum
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by asum » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:26 am

@dawnsole, looks like KS got to it!! I don't understand these scammers.. ppl that lie and fraud their way through life. But that's a real bad audit that KS did.. it's like employers not googling people they plan to hire~
  • timchard
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by timchard » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:09 pm

Yes, that's wild. Didn't even know people pulled that stuff. Props to Kickstarter for jumping on it ASAP.
  • ElementPure
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ElementPure » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:14 pm

woah, that's crazy! i can't believe people are getting away with stuff like this!
  • Diego
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Diego » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:03 am

You are not alone... look at the guys from Nexa3d...they say they have a Patent and then they say they don't... humm what would happen I ask if they are not granted a patent...
    miklos
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by miklos » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:27 am

I think its becoming a trend and I don't see Kickstarter taking any action, just google the term "kickstarter fake campaigns" there too many campaigns out there that either failed to deliver or disappeared after taking their funding from their backers.
    Creator & Backer
    -- New Member --

by jerice50 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:10 pm

I agree, miklos, and it's truly sad.
    rorabaughdesigns
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by rorabaughdesigns » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:11 pm

We had the same thing happen to us on a previous campaign. (Magic Cube). I just happened to Google it and it came up on Indiegogo. I contacted Indiegogo and they removed it. Unbelievable someone would copy word for word. The worst part on Indiegogo was that it was a "fexible" funding but it ended up that they didn't get any money.

Lesson here is to constantly be checking your campaigns on other sites or just plainly google it!
    Cheers!

Lorraine
    Kickstarter: http://kck.st/2ndmnSc
    Twitter http://twitter.com/coolinventllc
    smokoinc
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by smokoinc » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:07 am

this is insane!