FRAUD WATCH Jiffylight
  • mbg11
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

FRAUD WATCH Jiffylight

by mbg11 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:37 am

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ji ... escription

Really really cool idea. Fill water up in a flashlight that is run solely by the water in the flash light.

issues:

1.) zero explanation or history on the product.
    2.) A very simple story and 10 second product exhibition with home camera. No additional photo's available.
    3.) The creator states it was created by a couple of college students. The creator's Facebook page is directly connected to his profile with ZERO SECURITY SETTINGS. He is a criminal science major and his girl friend who has equally dismal settings has stated it is a company started by her, her boyfriend, and her family. Additionally, the lack of professionalism shown on his Facebook page screams that he would be incompetent with any financing. Very little professional photo's, almost all are college themed/party. If you created such a product you would think it would have been your whole life, you would have nonstop photo's of conventions.
    4.) Zero history of product on Google search.. no company website. each crowd sourcing site has identical lack of information available.

Anyone agree/disagree? I have kindly asked him for further explanation on the questions. It is important that if he doesn't answer said questions that he is reported, because he already hit the 100% needed he will be on every search in technology for popularity. This hurts all projects on kickstarter if it is a scam.

Sure enough after a 2 minute google search... o kids these days...

http://www.etoncorp.com/en/productdispl ... -buddy-h2o

Anzeledda
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: FRAUD WATCH Jiffylight

by Anzeledda » Tue May 05, 2015 8:06 am

I'm interested too
    Pimpy a revolution in home automation
    Started on Indiegogo on May the 4th
    #gopimpy
  • DoragonHunter
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by DoragonHunter » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:20 am

The project is suspended for now.........
  • planetjim
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by planetjim » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:34 am

Good to see KS is on top of cancelling these sort of projects.
    maxstone
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by maxstone » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:08 am

yeap, its about time :)
  • markjr
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by markjr » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:07 am

I'm close to launch a kickstarter page. do you know if there are some "rule" to be sure people don't think at me as a pontential frauds. Pledge cost will e around 100$
  • ganenem
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ganenem » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:55 am

I've been getting heaps of fraud emails sent to me since I started my project....
  • BigBoJackson
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by BigBoJackson » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:59 pm

It's probably a scam man, save your money on something you feel better about.

mbg11 wrote:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jiffylight/jiffylight/description

Really really cool idea. Fill water up in a flashlight that is run solely by the water in the flash light.

issues:

1.) zero explanation or history on the product.
    2.) A very simple story and 10 second product exhibition with home camera. No additional photo's available.
    3.) The creator states it was created by a couple of college students. The creator's Facebook page is directly connected to his profile with ZERO SECURITY SETTINGS. He is a criminal science major and his girl friend who has equally dismal settings has stated it is a company started by her, her boyfriend, and her family. Additionally, the lack of professionalism shown on his Facebook page screams that he would be incompetent with any financing. Very little professional photo's, almost all are college themed/party. If you created such a product you would think it would have been your whole life, you would have nonstop photo's of conventions.
    4.) Zero history of product on Google search.. no company website. each crowd sourcing site has identical lack of information available.

Anyone agree/disagree? I have kindly asked him for further explanation on the questions. It is important that if he doesn't answer said questions that he is reported, because he already hit the 100% needed he will be on every search in technology for popularity. This hurts all projects on kickstarter if it is a scam.

Sure enough after a 2 minute google search... o kids these days...

http://www.etoncorp.com/en/productdispl ... -buddy-h2o
    no live campaign yet, im gearing up for a big 2018
  • BigBoJackson
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by BigBoJackson » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:00 pm

ganenem wrote:I've been getting heaps of fraud emails sent to me since I started my project....

I've ran quite a few campaigns, and I think you are a fool for automatically saying any company who emails you is a fraud. Even Peak Design did a video about how they use tons of services that email them.
    no live campaign yet, im gearing up for a big 2018
  • Fritz Franz
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Fritz Franz » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:32 am

AND.... they made of with the money. Another one got away with it. Sheesh.