75 000 Euros ($82k) in 10 days
  • eBlocker
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

75 000 Euros ($82k) in 10 days

by eBlocker » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:58 pm

We just reached our goal after 10 days only! YEAH!

I started sharing our experience some days ago but the article got moved by the moderator to post30509.html?hilit=eblocker#p30509

@moderator: If sharing experiences in this topic is not OK please move it again.

Today I want to share the secret that actually kicked us most:
    We have products ranging from €99 to €333 with different features. The €99 and the €124 products (both at 50% discount) were limited to 100 units and sold out quickly.

For yesterday's Data Privacy Day we set out a new product €199 which is basically an upgrade to the €99 product (same features but not subscription / lifetime updates) and we limited it to 50 units.

Once the update was out lots of our €99 backers changed to the €199 - so they double the pledges. The new visitors to our page saw that "1 left" from the €99 reward and bought it instantly - since it was the last at 50% discount. That drove the campaign from 66% to over 90% in a just day and the 50 units sold out within 6 hours. Then we released another 50 units of the same €199 product - which kicked us over the top. Easy.

I'd like to mention that of all the presales we made Kickstarter was responsible for less than 40%. Which means in essence that without our PR and marketing efforts we would have never reached the goal by relying on Kickstarter only.

To sum up:
    - Have your PR and traffic partners ready before you start the campain.
    - Do not rely on Kickstarter traffic.
    - Set out attractive Super Early Bird rewards and limit them in number that sell out quickly
    - Set out new rewards once your Super Early Bird is sold out and make them attrative to existing backers for upgrade

Don't dos:
    - Forget all the spammers contacting you while your campaign is running - we tried some with Indiegogo and never ever got anything out of it
    - We tried thegadgetflow.com this time for about $650 - and got one pledge for €299 which is a very very poor result as we make only very little profit from the rewards. We would not recommend it.
    - Same with kickbooster.com - only existing backers used the link to save 10% while upgrading to the new product - but it didn't help the campaign very much. 4 sales in total only (3 from existing backers).

We are still rolling 19 days with our campaign and are now working on stretch goal strategies. Stay tuned for an update - here or at someplace wherever the moderator moves this to.

Thanks,
    Christian with eBlocker - Switch on Privacy.

Check out our campaign for more insights and share :-)
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eb ... -for-all-y
    @eblockercom
    http://www.facebook.com/eblockercom

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: 75 000 Euros ($82k) in 10 days

by hyperstarter » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:36 am

Just wanted to say this is an excellent campaign page and well designed.

I think you've covered everything and gained the backer's trust through your detailed explaination. I'd suggest you possibly move the Media Coverage closer to the top of the page, as it gives an instant impression that you're popular.

You might also want to pitch Kickstarter to try to get into the "Projects we love" section.

I've dealt with Evan/GadgetFlow a couple of times and seems ok. Perhaps if you mention the low number of hits/signups to your page he might retweet you?

If you need any further advice, let me know. All the best :)
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • eBlocker
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by eBlocker » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:55 am

@hyperstarter: Thanks for the feedback. I've just moved the media coverage to the top and we'll add some more next week.

Maybe GadgetFlow didn't work well because eBlocker is not the typical tech gadget? I'll talk to Evan.

Thanks again :-)
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:03 am

No problem. This project looks interesting, wouldn't mind getting involved actually. Have a bunch of testimonials over at:
    recommend-using-hyperstarter-t6127.html

- I'd probably look at who your nearest (successful) competitors connected with/got featured and go on from there.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
    smokoinc
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by smokoinc » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:02 pm

eBlocker wrote:
    To sum up:
    - Have your PR and traffic partners ready before you start the campain.
    - Do not rely on Kickstarter traffic.
    - Set out attractive Super Early Bird rewards and limit them in number that sell out quickly
    - Set out new rewards once your Super Early Bird is sold out and make them attrative to existing backers for upgrade

Don't dos:
    - Forget all the spammers contacting you while your campaign is running - we tried some with Indiegogo and never ever got anything out of it
    - We tried thegadgetflow.com this time for about $650 - and got one pledge for €299 which is a very very poor result as we make only very little profit from the rewards. We would not recommend it.
    - Same with kickbooster.com - only existing backers used the link to save 10% while upgrading to the new product - but it didn't help the campaign very much. 4 sales in total only (3 from existing backers).

We are still rolling 19 days with our campaign and are now working on stretch goal strategies. Stay tuned for an update - here or at someplace wherever the moderator moves this to.

Thanks,
    Christian with eBlocker - Switch on Privacy.

Check out our campaign for more insights and share :-)
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eb ... -for-all-y
    @eblockercom
    http://www.facebook.com/eblockercom

Great tips overall.

- About doing a pre-campaign, I think it helps a lot, we started promoting our project 3-4 weeks before it goes live to drive momentum and it worked.
    - Kickstarter traffic was decent but their tracking system is broken and it shows false referrals from their website even if they come from your friends on twitter or Facebook
    - gadget flow worked pretty well to be honest, got us 400% ROI which is great.
    - kick booster never worked for us either.

Good luck with your campaign!
  • 101LD
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by 101LD » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:26 am

well done
  • Dzintarz
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Dzintarz » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:59 pm

Good luck with your project! Hope it succeeds even further!
  • Ernest
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Ernest » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:24 pm

Wow! Well done, keep up the good work!
    How did you manage to raise that much short time?
  • Meinkapselhalter
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Meinkapselhalter » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:39 pm

well done, did you think about trying a service like backerclub.co ?
    Hell me to make CapSlide, my newst Coffee Pod Holder a success
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... der-with-c
    Heimplanet
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Heimplanet » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:22 pm

Thanks for sharing the insights!

You mind telling us when you started using GadgetFlow / KickBooster?

Good luck!

Edit: Just realized you guys made more than 500k... Congratulations!
    Check out our Motion Series - Backpacks at Kickstarter!

http://bit.ly/HPT_MOTION_Series