Loreto - Buy One Give One Bicycle Company - Advice!
  • dinnigan
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Loreto - Buy One Give One Bicycle Company - Advice!

by dinnigan » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:45 pm

Hey guys,

We just launched our Indiegogo campaign. We have a background in bikes, having refurbished and sold our own builds for several years now in Dublin, Ireland. We recently linked up with a non-profit called This Life Cambodia(TLC). Much like TOMS Shoes we have setup a Buy One Give One bicycle model in partnership with TLC.

For the bikes themself we have 6 models focusing on urban commuters; fixies, ladies city bikes, 3-speed fixie-style bike, bamboo fixie and an urban commuter. We have a big marketing plan for the next few days which is already in process, but any criticisms of the campaign would be greatly appreciated as obviously any improvements will help!

Campaign link is here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lore ... 13456010#/

Cheers,

Rory

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Loreto - Buy One Give One Bicycle Company - Advice!

by hyperstarter » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:07 am

Hi I think the page idea is good, but the reason you're not gaining as many backers as you should could be because the top part of the page focuses on charity and abroad, rather than the bike itself.

My guess is that the majority of people visiting your page wouldn't be there to support charity, but would be looking at the page seeing the quality of the bikes and what functions they offer.

I really think you should focus on bikes first and then charity after. $299 is a great price for a bike, but it's not really mentioned on the page.

I also think you've compressed the graphics too much, the quality is quite low.

Good luck with your campaign, if you need any additional advice - let me know.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about