Kickstarter Categories
  • oulisointment
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Kickstarter Categories

by oulisointment » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:28 pm

Hi everyone! I'm not tech savvy but I am a quick learner! I'm trying to work out the whole Kickstarter categories. I currently have my project under fashion but I'm not sure it's the best category for it and there really doesn't seem to be a better one. Does the category affect the outcome of my project? If so how can I find the most suited as there isn't a beauty one?

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Kickstarter Categories

by hyperstarter » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:53 am

Hi, I think you're right. It might go under crafts (or food!) but maybe fashion is better as you've the photo of the famous model on there.

If you need any advice on your page let me know.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
    Backertree
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Backertree » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:13 am

Hey There! The category can affect the outcome of a Kickstarter campaign as people interested in backing certain projects will search for those via the kickstarter platform (and in some cases, only on the categories that they are interested in). As Hyperstarter said, your project can potentially fit into more then 1 category, but finding the right one can be a confusing process sometimes.

The category you list your campaign under can affect the outcome depending on how you are marketing your project and who you are marketing it to. I do think that fashion is the right category for your project so I wouldn't worry too much about this.

Feel free to get in touch if you have any other questions :)

Best Regards,

Jake
    Team Backertree!
    Submit Your Crowdfunding Press Release And Promote Your Project: http://backerpress.com/submit/
  • oulisointment
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by oulisointment » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:45 pm

Thanks Hyperstarter and Jake!