Kickstarting My App
  • perfictfitness
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Kickstarting My App

by perfictfitness » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:53 am

So I've heard that Kickstarting an app can be difficult (not sure why). I'm sure it has something to do with developing an app can be very difficult. Anyways, I've spent 14 months interviewing hundreds of people trying to make this fitness app incredible and I've gathered a stellar (I need to use this word more often) team of developers to build it. The quick link is perfict.co
    So is there a way to push my app out of the "Hard to market app Kickstarter" or am I stuck with my friends and family. So far though no complaints because I'm already at 3,700 and 112 backers with 31 days left to go, but still I could use some advice on getting to my goal.

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Kickstarting My App

by hyperstarter » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:05 pm

Yes you're right - marketing app's on KS is hard.

Could you post the actual KS link? If you'd like some advice - let me know. Which "influencers" did you reach out to already?
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • perfictfitness
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by perfictfitness » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:23 pm

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13 ... n=1d13df0d

Sorry I thought the short link would be easier ha. And I honestly am still going through all my LinkedIn, facebook, twitter, and instagram contacts. The number is about 4000 and individual messages take forever haha.
    therriaultk
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by therriaultk » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:59 am

Congratulations on your progress so far! I have noticed that apps can be hard to fund on Kickstarter sometimes, but a lot of times that's because the creators are vague about what the app is all about and don't show what it will look like in the video. Your campaign looks great and professional, and gives the impression that you have the expertise to take your ideas to the next level.

Looks like you're doing good reaching out to people personally and I love how you thank followers in your updates. Maybe your next move could be to find out where other potential users are and start marketing to them there, answering their questions, building up social media? You can reach out to fitness blogs or social media groups.

Just a few suggestions! The app looks great - good luck with the rest of your campaign!
    Community Manager - CrowdCrux.com
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:45 am

Ok cool, I had a look - I have a feeling you'll get funded on this. I've been involved in a couple Fitness campaigns and you've reached a good point with 1 month to go.

My suggestion would be to add more photos. We see photos of the app inside a phone, but why not remove the phone casing (we get it, it's a phone app) and just have 620px width detailed photos of what's going on in the app?

Regarding influencers I mentioned before, I did a post on Crowdfunding Influencers:
    http://www.linkedin.com/pulse/100-crowd ... giles-dawe

- Also I just tweeted out your campaign to our followers.

Let me know if it's useful and feel free to get in touch.

perfictfitness wrote:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1328638662/the-perfict-fitness-app?token=1d13df0d

Sorry I thought the short link would be easier ha. And I honestly am still going through all my LinkedIn, facebook, twitter, and instagram contacts. The number is about 4000 and individual messages take forever haha.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • perfictfitness
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by perfictfitness » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:48 am

therriaultk wrote:Congratulations on your progress so far! I have noticed that apps can be hard to fund on Kickstarter sometimes, but a lot of times that's because the creators are vague about what the app is all about and don't show what it will look like in the video. Your campaign looks great and professional, and gives the impression that you have the expertise to take your ideas to the next level.

Looks like you're doing good reaching out to people personally and I love how you thank followers in your updates. Maybe your next move could be to find out where other potential users are and start marketing to them there, answering their questions, building up social media? You can reach out to fitness blogs or social media groups.

Just a few suggestions! The app looks great - good luck with the rest of your campaign!

Thank you very much! I appreciate it, and yeah I'll try to reach out to more blogs!
  • perfictfitness
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by perfictfitness » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:50 am

hyperstarter wrote:Ok cool, I had a look - I have a feeling you'll get funded on this. I've been involved in a couple Fitness campaigns and you've reached a good point with 1 month to go.

My suggestion would be to add more photos. We see photos of the app inside a phone, but why not remove the phone casing (we get it, it's a phone app) and just have 620px width detailed photos of what's going on in the app?

Regarding influencers I mentioned before, I did a post on Crowdfunding Influencers:
    http://www.linkedin.com/pulse/100-crowd ... giles-dawe

- Also I just tweeted out your campaign to our followers.

Let me know if it's useful and feel free to get in touch.

Thanks a lot for the response! Yeah I'll try and add more photos as the process goes on, and I really do appreciate the evaluation! Thanks!

perfictfitness wrote:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1328638662/the-perfict-fitness-app?token=1d13df0d

• devdev
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by devdev » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:01 pm

For those who plan to create a fitness app - there's an awesome development guide (all about app features, business logic, competitors).
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:36 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman