funded in 7 hrs
  • asum
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

funded in 7 hrs

by asum » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:34 pm

Hi, My project, fashion project no less, got funded within the first 7 hours! I was seriously scared this morning it might not get there (as I had minimal confirmed blogger post/shares), cause my project doesn't fit the major Kickstarter audience. I'll share more when I can get back here. (I need to fully take advantage of the moment now and I only have 2 hands to type. (I need to eat lunch)

Thanks Crowdcrux/Salvador and the forum here.

http://kck.st/1T1ze5g

thanks, angela

• firyeve
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: funded in 7 hrs

by firyeve » Wed May 11, 2016 12:08 pm

Thank you for sharing this, a new beginner need to believe it soulc happened!! :)
    Perry90
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Perry90 » Wed May 11, 2016 12:43 pm

Good info! Getting funded in 7 hrs would be epic!!
  • asum
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by asum » Wed May 11, 2016 1:22 pm

Thanks! As I tell everyone that has asked me, there's no secret recipe. I just read a lot the advice I could google, including a lot on crowdCrux, followed as much of the advice as it made sense. Put a lot of time and effort to every aspect I felt was worth it. Press was harder... I got only a bit of fashion press. But each little bit of success helped the next. A little bit of everything helped.

Partly I think for me was that friends, family and some fans have seen my genuine passion for years, so some really helped drive the initial energy, which got others to do the same.

Like it was mentioned in other posts, I think in general you should be able to gather interest at least from some of your friends and family. Cause even though that's a smaller group, at least some should represent some of your audience. If not, you target audience might be too specific for something like Kickstarter.

Before launching, I didn't know if my project was going to succeed (I also had no idea many friends would back me... i knew some was planning to but I didn't know that many), but I did think it was the near the best it could be. I felt as prepared as I could (of course there's always more--but some like fashion press, I just felt that was a bit out of my control. So I think you can tell only you can tell if you have done all your work or might be rushing. You should be able to ask yourself that.

I get very random "can you give me some advice" or "take a look at my project...". For the most part, I don't think that's really useful (unless you have a very specific question for a very specific project creator). You are trying to ask a random stranger to take time to look at your project and give you feedback. Unless they spent a good solid amount of time to really analyze your work (and additionally they likely don't know your market as well as you), they won't be able to give you much specific valuable advice--I mean anymore than if you re-evaluated your project. Like maybe a quick "bad photo" or "unorganized". But anything like that--you should be able to get a decent grasp of if you've studied enough of the information online and other Kickstarter projects. Plus, anything like that, you should be able to ask some friends of yours (like if you aren't good visually, I'm sure you have one friend that is and can give you feedback on visuals)--you friends would be more invested to help you. Plus it's a good way to get them in or let them know about your project.
  • Famousbrunkey
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Famousbrunkey » Sat May 14, 2016 8:54 am

i will look into your campaing! sound great
  • KiNiRoCo
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by KiNiRoCo » Wed May 18, 2016 5:10 pm

Congrats - awesome product and overall success.

Looking forward to see more...
  • MainlandMachine
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by MainlandMachine » Sat May 21, 2016 11:44 pm

Wow, congrats on your project! Very nice job!
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by lowkey » Thu May 26, 2016 12:15 pm

Do you mind sharing the whole thing or maybe your own checklist for doing this awesome project?

i mean in terms of marketing. everyone is looking forward on having a good check list to control their own project sir.
    Personal Record : Assisted 13 Campaigns - 13K Backers - $2M Funded
    1 Year 7 Months Crowdfunding Marketing Compiled
    http://bit.ly/marketingresearchcompiled
  • mgrzes
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by mgrzes » Fri May 27, 2016 7:48 am

Awsome job ! :) Congratulations!
  • asum
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by asum » Sat May 28, 2016 3:23 pm

@lowkey, I honestly didn't make a checklist nor followed any. I learned as I worked through building my project and delayed my timeline at times along the way. I'm sure there's plenty of great general checklists out there for the basics of a project. Plus what's important is different for each project--for me a quality fashion brand, photos and video quality was really important so I prioritized that. For a tech project offering new technology, maybe press outreach is important (and more receptive) to educate or inform.

Everyone's gotta do their own research and work to figure out what they need to do. They can start by researching similar projects.

@mgrzes thanks