Post Reply 118 posts
Let's brainstorm some interesting reward ideas!
  • jusswilder
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Let's brainstorm some interesting reward ideas!

by jusswilder » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:04 am

My project, Fifty Sandwiches, involves a cross country trip taking homeless people out for a meal. My reward idea for 1,000 is literally to find them where they are and take them out for lunch!

A Hinkle
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by A Hinkle » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:57 pm

We are a husband and wife owned business and produce some LEGO compatible products. One upcoming campaign may be a product to be used with LEGOs. I am working on Minifigure versions of my wife and I as a reward level or to tack onto other rewards.
    We will be leaning on our family brand story and it is one more way to make it personal.
    If you can sell the pledgers on why they should like and trust you, find a way to insert a bit of your personality into the rewards so they are getting more than product but a little piece of you.
    Just a thought.
  • hieddie
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by hieddie » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:02 pm

Guaranteed Christmas delivery has been an awesome one for us, with our campaign running right now :)
    Podo - An app-controlled camera you can stick on anything for any hands-free shot, any angle!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/po ... the-sequel
  • IRONATE
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by IRONATE » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:17 pm

Has anyone tried reverse pricing on early birds?

I know Kickstarter is not a store, but I am toying with an idea that I would charge more for early bird rewards. Reasoning behind this is that early adopters are willing to pay more.

What do you think? Do you know any campaigns that did this?
    livebeacon
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by livebeacon » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:01 pm

How about one-one-one video chats with top tier backers?
    TiMe22
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by TiMe22 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:10 pm

IRONATE wrote:Has anyone tried reverse pricing on early birds?

I know Kickstarter is not a store, but I am toying with an idea that I would charge more for early bird rewards. Reasoning behind this is that early adopters are willing to pay more.

What do you think? Do you know any campaigns that did this?

And you would wait with posting the lower priced regular rewards until after the EBs are all gone? The problem is that if you do this, as soon as the regular rewards go live people will adjust to the lower amount and if you don't the regular priced rewards will be on top of the list because KS sorts on price...

We offer a special Ambassador version of our watch where the backer becomes a brand ambassador and gets featured on our social media/site with our other brand ambassadors. The pledge price for the Ambassador version is full retail, where we offer earlybird at 45% discount.. so far we have 5 backers who pledged for an Ambassador version.
    Currently live on Kickstarter with Robusto: 70s Futuristic Titanium Watch. Stronger than Steel.. Funded in 24 hours, yay!
  • ktummonds
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by ktummonds » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:58 pm

You need to make the backer feel a part of the process, @deftpunk has a good idea of this with a personalised reward. I think you should also take in consideration the cost of this reward, and be sure that it is not over your budget. And lastly, you should know what your average backer intends to donate, and cater your price to match that average. Here is a blog post that goes into more detail of what I mentioned above:

https://www.thrinacia.com/blog/post/the ... owdfunding

Hope this helps.
    Kyle Tummonds - Customer Advocate
    https://www.thrinacia.com
    Thrinacia Inc.

The CrowdFunding Infrastructure. Build, customize and operate CrowdFunding Websites, Widgets and Applications. Integrate with advanced CrowdFunding REST API's.
  • orfeo
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by orfeo » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:25 am

As a backer, I think it would be so much better if the backer don't wait for receiving the item too long.
    Some campaigns require waiting for more than 6 months which demotivate backers even for very creative items.
  • UtopiaForts
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by UtopiaForts » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:54 pm

What about miniature versions of your product? It wouldn't apply to a lot of products, but if you do dice, for example, and have the resources, everyone loves mini dice!

Our product is a kid's fort, so we had thought of doing miniature desk/toy versions for something like a doll or stuffed animal.
    SantaMonica
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by SantaMonica » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:05 am

Someone mentioned food items, but many countries restrict food items; you can check here:
    http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/ab_toc.htm
Post Reply 118 posts