Inventive Ways to Keep Interest in a Kickstarter Project
  • jsmurfie239
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Inventive Ways to Keep Interest in a Kickstarter Project

by jsmurfie239 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:58 pm

I launched a Kickstarter for a music video I am directing (http://kck.st/20DfTtE) and knowing that the musician and myself have a limited network, I wanted to come up with an approach that would attract more people to our page and hopefully new backers and support.

We begin filming on July 8th, and there are many things I have to figure out in terms of casting, locations, special effects, and thought an interesting way to expand interest in our project would be by creating an abundance of video updates, or at least more videos than I've seen on an average Kickstarter project. Since Kickstarter notes that videos are a strong way to reach your goal - I thought to improve on that would be to include additional videos that gives a behind-the scenes look on myself and musician Marvelous Mint, as well as more information about the project as we make progress on it.

So far, I haven't seen too much interest on the page outside of family and friends through Facebook. I just launched a new update video today (https://youtu.be/dLOUxeEox1Q) which gives a shot-by-shot look on how I anticipate the final music video will look like. We still have 40+ days until our deadline, so it will be interesting to see if these Video updates will help us.

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Inventive Ways to Keep Interest in a Kickstarter Project

by hyperstarter » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:31 am

Hi, I wasn't sure if you were posing a question or offering advice. It seems your idea didn't work out?

As a musician, you could think of promoting offline like busking or at an event and then write down your campaign url to get people interested...
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • jsmurfie239
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by jsmurfie239 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:23 pm

We hit the 110% mark today and still have 30+ days to go. I'm producing/directing the project and the musician is a full-time student caught up with exams as he nears the end of the semester, so in the future promote offline at events and gigs would be a great idea.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:59 pm

Have you considered FB video at all? I've had a lot of friends who are seeing good results with FB video recently.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • 3curiousmonkeys
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by 3curiousmonkeys » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:24 pm

Try Facebook Ads and video both. How about asking people to help share?
    if you are funded 110% maybe you can try to get people to share as a stretch goal?