What are your questions about Fulfillment & Shipping?
  • kuro
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What are your questions about Fulfillment & Shipping?

by kuro » Sat May 14, 2016 9:25 am

Interesting question Ursula. I hope that Fulfilrite may have an estimate for you, I don't personally work with them. But perhaps you should add, as you are a backer, the exact European country you are in. It is probably harder to get a complete document with all the information you'd like, as opposed to an estimate for a specific size package from specific countries.

Fulfillrite
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Fulfillrite » Sun May 15, 2016 6:50 pm

Ursula wrote:My question - from the backer side: for European backers of non-European projects it's a REAL hassle to find out the true price we are going to pay in each case - shipping is just a part of the topic (shipping cost are usually stated in the pledging process) but from experience I have learned that nearly always is (the limits are very low) VAT and import duties (which are a real pain to find out since they differ from product to product) to be paid which can raise the cost significantly - in particular since the import duties have to be paid on the pledge plus the shipping fees.
    Question: is there any service offered by a fulfillment service that helps with this either by quoting the final cost of kickstarter pledges or in any other way?

Regards
    Ursula

Hi Ursula,

Is your product of high value? If not I wouldn't worry about VAT. You make it clear to your backers on the project page that by buying outside the US the customer will be responsible for all VAT, customs, duties and taxes.

For products worth a bit more I've seen some projects opt to split their fulfillment between US/CA/AU and EU this helps European customers avoid VAT.

Here's a detailed article on shipping that might also help you:
    http://stonemaiergames.com/kickstarter- ... -shipping/
    eCommerce order fulfillment made fast. simple. easy.
    Specializing in Crowdfunding Rewards Fulfillment & Worldwide Shipping.
    Contact us:
    Web- http://www.fulfillrite.com
    e-mail- info@fulfillrite.com
  • Backerpress

by Backerpress » Wed May 18, 2016 9:26 pm

Hey There! Thanks for the post Salvador, and it's great to have you available to answer peoples questions Fulfillrite team.

Kind Regards,

Jake
    Team Backerpress!
  • Tanug84
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Tanug84 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:34 am

Hello!

I am new to this forum. I would like to know how you calculate shipping on the rewards. We are planning to launch our campaign this Nov. and any information related to shipping will be very useful to us. Thanks!
  • DivaBitch Couture
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by DivaBitch Couture » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:12 pm

This thread is great! We just launched our project yesterday and any help with expected total shipping costs for the following reward packages would be really appreciated! We are based in Nevada and I have heard so much about underestimating shipping costs I'm trying to be careful.

Shipping to US, Canada, and Overseas.
    1) Envelope size with sticker and postcard inside
    2) Music CD
    3) TShirt
    4) 14"x11" PhotoBook
    5) Dress

Thank you so much!
    DivaBitch Couture
  • santanatura
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by santanatura » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:52 am

Hello to everyone :)
    i m newbei here and i need to ask a question about shipment. I m from Turkey Republic and i have a few projects i found kickstarter and indeego platforms to can find support. I saw many good ideas and projects at these platforms they are successfull. I hope to i can share mine but i think this shipment step may be a little bit expensive from here to europe or whole world. :( I researched and got some informations about how much can cost to send from istanbul to abroad. PTT(turkish post office) is working here by global posting services as partnership. But less tahn 1 kg post price about 33 turkish lira meaning almost 10 euro or 11 us dollar. it may be more much depends to distance or be 2 kg. :( so how you or these succesfull project samples handle it?

for example; one of the my projects about card games (PVC cards about credist card's size) 69 cards with booklite axpr. 800 gr. box. Its designing and producting cost total 9 us dollars but posting cost is 11 us dollars, so how much i can write to sponsorship for it?
    is there any cheapher shipment alternatives or options to manage this project better price?
    thanks and hugs from istanbul
  • keithallen83
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by keithallen83 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:12 am

I know this has been a topic of discussion a lot, so I do apologize if it's overkill...but I'm struggling to figure out International shipping.

I am in the US (Cleveland Ohio) and will be running a Publishing Kickstarter campaign on September 6. To get an idea of what others are doing I've been browsing through existing publishing Kickstarter campaigns...I have no idea how they plan to do international shipping for only an extra $5-$10. Some have 'ships anywhere in the world' for $5?!? How?

I have a lot of international interest...about 1/3 of my website hits are from the UK or Germany (they like pop-up books). It'll cost nearly $40-$50 just to ship a finished book to them and I'm worried I won't have the volume to use a distribution center to get that cost down.

If I offer free shipping to the U.S. but tack on and additional $30 for international shipping (and absorb some of that cost), do you think that will upset or turn off the international crowd?

It's a hard thing to determine...if only a small percentage of backers are international, there really is no problem. If half or the majority of backers are international...it could drastically change my forecast. It would seriously effect my funding goal.

Been reading online, this article expresses the problem but not really the solution:
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/suwcharmana ... 50e03e114d

Thanks for your help Sal! Love your page/podcast.

Please check out my website if you're interested in viewing the product: http://www.messypopup.com
  • santanatura
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by santanatura » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:13 pm

i think i found a solution like this, i have a few friends who are living in diffrent countries. so i m planning to send them for example 100 or 300 piece (its depends on request of country) it can be 3 usa dollar (cheaper than 5 usa dollar one by one) so it takes times and my friend's helps . for example you are my friend from USA normal sizes book just 3-4 usa dollar from here to all europen countries.
    Fulfillrite
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Fulfillrite » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:04 pm

keithallen83 wrote:I know this has been a topic of discussion a lot, so I do apologize if it's overkill...but I'm struggling to figure out International shipping.

I am in the US (Cleveland Ohio) and will be running a Publishing Kickstarter campaign on September 6. To get an idea of what others are doing I've been browsing through existing publishing Kickstarter campaigns...I have no idea how they plan to do international shipping for only an extra $5-$10. Some have 'ships anywhere in the world' for $5?!? How?

I have a lot of international interest...about 1/3 of my website hits are from the UK or Germany (they like pop-up books). It'll cost nearly $40-$50 just to ship a finished book to them and I'm worried I won't have the volume to use a distribution center to get that cost down.

If I offer free shipping to the U.S. but tack on and additional $30 for international shipping (and absorb some of that cost), do you think that will upset or turn off the international crowd?

It's a hard thing to determine...if only a small percentage of backers are international, there really is no problem. If half or the majority of backers are international...it could drastically change my forecast. It would seriously effect my funding goal.

Been reading online, this article expresses the problem but not really the solution:

Please check out my website if you're interested in viewing the product: http://www.messypopup.com

Hi,

It would really depend on what the book weighs. Books usually weight 2,3 lbs or more. In that case it would cost more than $5 to ship it from the US. It could be the projects offering it for $5-$10 are losing some money on the costs.

But you can definitely get the costs below $50 when shipping from the US. If you provide me with the dimensions and weight I can give some suggestions.

For products that are heavier I've seen some projects opt to split their fulfillment between US/CA and EU.

Here's a detailed article on international shipping that might also help you:
    http://stonemaiergames.com/lessons-lear ... ckstarter/

Sincerely,
    Joe
    eCommerce order fulfillment made fast. simple. easy.
    Specializing in Crowdfunding Rewards Fulfillment & Worldwide Shipping.
    Contact us:
    Web- http://www.fulfillrite.com
    e-mail- info@fulfillrite.com
  • keithallen83
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by keithallen83 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:50 pm

Fulfillrite wrote:
    keithallen83 wrote:I know this has been a topic of discussion a lot, so I do apologize if it's overkill...but I'm struggling to figure out International shipping.

Hi,

It would really depend on what the book weighs. Books usually weight 2,3 lbs or more. In that case it would cost more than $5 to ship it from the US. It could be the projects offering it for $5-$10 are losing some money on the costs.

But you can definitely get the costs below $50 when shipping from the US. If you provide me with the dimensions and weight I can give some suggestions.

For products that are heavier I've seen some projects opt to split their fulfillment between US/CA and EU.

Here's a detailed article on international shipping that might also help you:
    http://stonemaiergames.com/lessons-lear ... ckstarter/

Sincerely,
    Joe

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the help offer. The book weighs just under 2 lbs (its thick, but not heavy)
    Book Size: 8.5” x 10.5” x 1.25”

I know I can get book rate shipping on it and land somewhere between $4.50-$5.50 for shipping in the U.S.

Just shipped 2 books to the Netherlands and it cost about $55...it definitely has me concerned if I get a lot of worldwide shipping. I'd definitely want to look into a EU fulfillment service if/when we fund.

If I had free shipping to the U.S. and added an extra $25 shipping charge to other countries...do you think that would scare away potential backers?

Thanks, I'll check out your article!