A deep following
  • aknicholas
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

A deep following

by aknicholas » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:42 pm

Hi everybody. I feel fortunate to have a deep following and wonder if others have the same experience. If so, perhaps we can learn from each other. My product is very niche, people either love it at first glance or they just don't care for it (fine art nudes). I launched a campaign less than 24 hours ago and it's funded, with the average pledge over $200. I recognize all but one of the backers' names.

Does anyone else have this kind of deep following where people jump in big on the first day? It might be important to note that my first and last days are usually about a third of my fundraising.

When it comes to larger rewards, I see a few new names per project, what is your experience?

Also, people who pledge under $100 tend to continue to pledge at that level, while those who pledge in the upper amounts also seem pretty consistent. I've heard of talk of backers migrating upwards and wonder if I'm unique in not seeing this.

Here is the project (intended for a mature and educated audience) https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aknicholas/erotische-sensual-fine-art-nude-photography-book-e

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: A deep following

by sbriggman » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:42 pm

Wow - awesome! You smashed your goal. The average pledge is about $50. Definitely less pledges at the upper tiers, but historically, most creators have been surprised at the high priced tiers that their backers were interested in (of those I interviewed).
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • aknicholas
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by aknicholas » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:34 pm

By average pledge at $50, I assume you mean for all Kickstarters? In my first day, the average pledge was $200, and it has been dropping, this is normal for my projects, as many big backers get in first. Also my first week and last week are usually the best.

My product is so different from others that I am really curious to hear some other perspectives.
  • Guitar.Graphics
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Guitar.Graphics » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:29 am

I have a ton of email subscribers, followers, etc....however I sure don't get a whole log of action other than likes and positive comments. One problem I have is that I personally am an introvert so I don't have a lot of real friends in person so I am sure that doesn't help. Thanks for sharing your story.

Thanks,
    Kyle
    My Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tshirts/graphic-guitar-skins-and-line-of-custom-guitars
    My Website: http://Guitar.Graphics