Follow

KickstarterForum.org

This site is not affiliated with Kickstarter, Inc.

Share Your Kickstarter Story (Updates, Campaign Stats, Marketing Strategies Used)

Promo Lessons from >$100k Ambi Climate: Addon For Your AC!

Treat this section like a blog for your Kickstarter journey. Feel free to share project stats and lessons learned. Hold yourself accountable to new weekly goals by sharing them with us!

by kesslerhk » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:12 am

Wanted to share it before the campaign ends. We are currently at $114k. Looks like we won't reach our stretch goal of $125k I'm afraid. But nevertheless if you have an air conditioner this may be your chance to get Ambi Climate at just $99 instead of the later retail price of $199.

Here's a link to our campaign on Kickstarter.

Here some key facts about our device:
  • Automates your Air-Conditioner Control
  • Add-on upgrade, compatible with any remote-controlled air conditioner- including older models
  • Uses machine learning techniques to predict indoor climate conditions and remembers individual preferences
  • Keeps track of motion and is aware of your location to automatically turn off/on your AC
  • Smartphone controlled, WiFi enabled, allows for remote AC control.

I have also shared some of the promotional lessons drawn from our campaign here:
On PressFriendly:
How To Get Traction For Your Crowdfunding Campaign

On LinkedIn: How to raise $90,000 on Kickstarter! Martin Kessler spills his guts.

Enjoy!

If you have questions, ask me anything on here or via PM.
Creator of Ambi Climate Kickstarter Campaign: The Smart Add-On For Your Air Conditioner.
Also previously crowdfunded Phonejoy on Kickstarter.
kesslerhk
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

Share This Thread On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Reddit Reddit Share on Google+ Google+

by johnnie smith » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:18 pm

Martin,
Thanks for sharing (including the evernote).

Which payment plan of pressFriendly did you use?
johnnie smith
-- Senior Member --
-- Senior Member --

by TheSantaCruzDog » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:42 am

Wow. I know you used a lot of promotional techniques but I really feel the product is what really sealed this deal. Bravo!
I have started a new KickStarter project and haven't launched yet. Feedback is appreciated for this pre-launch! FML http://goo.gl/B1acrB.
TheSantaCruzDog
-- Junior Member --
-- Junior Member --

by kesslerhk » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:02 am

Johnnie we used the $299 plan. It's been useful as it allowed me to spend quite some time early on with them on getting the messaging right. If you plan it right I'd either go $299 then switch to $99 for the last few weeks with them, and then cancel.
Creator of Ambi Climate Kickstarter Campaign: The Smart Add-On For Your Air Conditioner.
Also previously crowdfunded Phonejoy on Kickstarter.
kesslerhk
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

by adking28 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:39 pm

Thank you so much for this. That Martin Kessler article was very helpful.

I wish you continued success!
adking28
-- Junior Member --
-- Junior Member --

by asum » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:56 am

Hi,

thanks for the great ks story and insider details.

I had a question:
"Most stories have several angles that may make them newsworthy. ..."

So in your press release, did you pitch several stories (I imagine several headlines) to each outlet? Or did you just pitch different ones for different outlets? Or was it the same one and they might have came back asking more details about a smaller part?

thanks
asum
-- Junior Member --
-- Junior Member --

by 101LD » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:28 am

thanks
101LD
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

Return to Share Your Kickstarter Story (Updates, Campaign Stats, Marketing Strategies Used)

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts