Kickstarter Boosters? Are they legit?
  • hogeandco
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Kickstarter Boosters? Are they legit?

by hogeandco » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:21 pm

It does seem pretty sketchy that they direct contact via Kickstarter...

Dave's Meat & Nuts

by Dave's Meat & Nuts » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:25 pm

I looked into fundzinger and choose not to pursue it.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... nd-flavore

All natural awesome flavors of Beef Jerky & Roasted Nuts, now live on kickstarter.
  • herc2014
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by herc2014 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:24 pm

Even though its a great amount of work , i think you can do it all yourself if you have the time. Using services that are more transparent like, crowd crux i think is far better at least you know they are not some hidden company in background flaming they will do this or that . You can see their intention and integrity on kickstarterforum.com too.H
  • dpdeng
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by dpdeng » Sun May 10, 2015 6:42 pm

We went with backershub and the gadget flow, it was all worth it.
  • TCMNYC
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by TCMNYC » Mon May 11, 2015 7:40 pm

Since launching my KS I've been inundated with these offers. There is no way to easily determine which might be legit. And the time to investigate all of them will take me away from the other promotions I'm working on. The only way I'd use one is if someone I know and trust vouched for it!
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:19 am

Just to follow up, as alot of campaign owners are getting spammed with messages once they launch - I think campaign owners need to do their research on the internet first. If no one has heard of them, no need to pursue.

Then work out what they're offering, schedule a Skype call and talk to them. If they aren't keen to talk, best to forget about it.

Warning signs such as not responding to messages on time or vague replies which seem like copy-and-pasted answers, then again should serve as a red flag before you part with your money.

Best of luck!
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
    DavidKS
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by DavidKS » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:40 am

Hi everyone,

since I cannot make a thread just yet let me ask you here:
    Does anyone have experience with "Green Inbox"? During my research I stumbled upon them and am considering approaching them for my upcoming kickstarter campaign. Would be grateful for any advise!
    http://kaufsafari.com/- The B2B Marketplace for StartUp Products.
  • jukich
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by jukich » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:13 pm

It's interesting how many emails I received immediately after launching my campaign.
    All stating they went through my campaign, they think it's original and want to help.
    One even said she already tweeted it to her 54.000 followers. When I asked her for her Twitter handle so I could follow her there was silence.
  • teddytablante
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by teddytablante » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:32 pm

It's really weird how a lot of the advertisers on Kickstarter that message you directly have spelling or grammatical mistakes in their messages. This is definitely NOT something that a good PR firm would ever do.

I called up two of them that looked more legit, and they were offering services like 200K+ facebook views for $200. I responded with the fact that 200K+ Facebook views is a lot more expensive at a cost of about $0.005 per impression at the best. They responded that they would post it on private groups and pages. I thus asked which groups and pages, while referencing "Top Kickstarters" which is owned by fundedtoday, or something like it. The guy responded that his coworker ran the pages and he didn't know them!!

Before you use any of these services have a quick call and ask critical questions.
  • Jwen
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Jwen » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:30 pm

The best way to find out if any of those services are legit or not is join this forum and search for their name on the search bar and second option is you go to google and search "THEIR NAME SCAM" or "THEIR NAME REVIEWS"

I hope this help, do not go straight to buy any crowdfunding services before doing your research even thou you are desperate for more backers...