Can crowd funding be successful without spending money?
  • RiboBlast
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Can crowd funding be successful without spending money?

by RiboBlast » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:29 pm

Hi everyone,
    I launched a campaign on Indiegogo to sell my product ASAP (at discounted rate) and pre-sell some of my next batch. Can it be successful without spending money to promote it? In less than 24 hours I have been contacted my several people to get my money and promote my campaign but I don't have money for these things. Do you think it can be successful without spending money on promotional stuff? I would like to hear your feedback. Thanks.
    RiboBlast

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/all- ... 13093470#/

Backertree
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Can crowd funding be successful without spending money?

by Backertree » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:22 pm

Hey RiboBlast! Welcome to the forum!

Crowdfunding creators can definitely be successful without spending a cent on advertising & promotion, but the substitute for spending money on your campaign, is spending time on your campaign. Your campaign has a goal of $60,000 CAD which is quite a high set goal. To reach your goal you will need to remove the campaign from Indiegogo, begin preparing (and this process can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few years), then re-launch when you are ready. In saying this, having some sort of advertising budget will help to speed up the preparation process so you can be ready to launch sooner.

TL;DR: You can be successful with crowdfunding without spending any money, but you will need alot more time to prepare for your campaign's launch.

If you are interested, I can provide you with some consultation to get you going on the right track with your campaign. I am happy to help out and it will not cost you anything. Just send me through a message via my website and I will get back to you within 24 hours (a link to the website can be found in my signature below).

All the best with RiboBlast!

Best Regards,

Jake
    Team Backertree!
    Submit Your Crowdfunding Press Release And Promote Your Project: http://backerpress.com/submit/
  • MiguelMorgado
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by MiguelMorgado » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:07 pm

I am on the same boat, I have a wallet which I think is fairly intersting but I can seem to get as much people as other wallets.
    I have now joined the backerclub.co because they only charge after getting results.
    I will post my campaign in this section and every updates of what I did wrong and right.
    Search for Craft Wallet on this section :)
  • lw86
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by lw86 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:38 pm

Yes and No

Time is "money". If you think you have time, then use every precious second to advertise, social and leave not any channel. If you can be successful then you will equally have haters too. If not equally, then surely some bad-mouthing will happen.

Take the best of what you will be learning around the curve. There are more then generous backers who will advise you good steps on how to give "what backers need". If it suits you and your project expense, take note of such suggestions and be serious about making changes to your project / rewards or price point, otherwise those good backers will leave without second thought.

Finally, social media is your friendly neighbor. Use it till you squeeze out every drop of juice from it. Finally you will arrive to your goals. Long process but rewarding.
  • gronlandweb
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by gronlandweb » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:49 pm

yeah, same here. i am trying to publish my book translation but no success indeed..
  • mason
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by mason » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:57 am

Good luck with your book publishing. There is a good book called Bold by Peter H. Diamandis which has an excellent section on crowdfunding. For example he goes into preparing and establishes a framework; for a crowdfunding campaign around 60,000 dollars you would need at least 90 days to prepare for to likely achieve success.

You can raise money without spending any money, I raised over 6,000 dollars without spending any money or relying on a personal network and using a small site. Although I think money can make a difference but it's important to apply discernment. You could pay for promoted tweets but why are people gong to click on those tweets, if a company is tweeting countless tweets those tweets can be easy to ignore even with a large follower base.

You could spend 20-50 dollars sending out PR release or even hundreds of dollars on a mass wire release; the likelihood of a media outlet covering your article is small. To really spend your money well you need to spend it with precision and expertise and with a comprehensive plan that covers each day of your campaign.
    Crowdfunding campaign that will empower start-ups

https://igg.me/at/crowdfunding
  • shoboi
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by shoboi » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:26 pm

Great advice!
  • thomazio92
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by thomazio92 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:56 am

Good Luck with your publishing :P
  • yellowstargames
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by yellowstargames » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:06 pm

very helpful, thanks
  • vladburca
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by vladburca » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:03 pm

You cannot have success without some payed promotion