What is your ecommerce goal?
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

What is your ecommerce goal?

by sbriggman » Wed May 04, 2016 7:48 pm

Hey everyone!

I wanted to ask you a question... what is your ecommerce dream? Why are you trying to set up an online store or shop?

I think it's important that we're serious on this forum and talk about actual tactics and techniques for growing your sales, but I am also a naturally curious person.

I want to get to know the people BEHIND the usernames and businesses on this forum!

Let me know in a comment below!

Sal

Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: What is your ecommerce goal?

by sbriggman » Wed May 04, 2016 7:52 pm

Personally, my goal is to create amazing digital products like ebooks, courses, and one day transition into physical books, live talks, and more.

I think I also want to try my hand at designing and marketing a product from scratch some day, but I haven't met the right co-founder yet for such a venture. Actually, I know the co-founder I'd like to design the product, but he's doing a tech startup right now (https://shopketti.com/).

I want to also get involved as investor in ecommerce-related ventures once title III of the jobs act is in effect, even if they might not have as good of an ROI as a tech venture.

With regards to a monetary amount, what I do isn't really for money. If I cared about that, I'd become a wallstreet banker or something. For me, impacting lives and freedom matters much more.

What are your thoughts?
  • Backerpress

by Backerpress » Wed May 18, 2016 9:23 pm

Hey Salvador, It looks like you have some really awesome plans for the future and I look forward to seeing what you come up with :)

I currently run a few service based businesses but would like to make the transition to video courses and ebooks as well within the next few months. There are several topics that I would like to create content about with crowdfunding coming first, followed by YouTube and affiliate marketing. My ecommerce goal is definitely based around digital products.

Cheers Sal!

Kind Regards,

Jake
    Team Backerpress!
    Perry90
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Perry90 » Sun May 29, 2016 4:23 pm

My eCommerece goal is to start off with one product and then grow a brand out of it. I plan to start off my product on Kickstarter and if it goes good, i will create an online store that will direct traffic to more products. The thing that I am working on now is creating a product that actually solves a problem! I have created products that just look cool but solve no problems, which didn't work out for me. I believe that if my Kickstarter is successful and funded, I will be able to create more products for my brand and expand that way.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:52 pm

@Perry90 - Awesome! Very cool goal. I would highly recommend checking out the podcast I did with BJ Minson. He's launched multiple products on Kickstarter. See: http://www.crowdcrux.com/formula-raise- ... l-network/

What type of problem are you looking at? Your own or one you've observed?
  • FADEM_Studios
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by FADEM_Studios » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:48 am

My goal is to actually help others grow their business. I love to help people. I do not know why, but I do. At first I created a blog using my site, but I really just didn't feel like I was actually helping anyone. Even though I created blog posts to help crowdfunding campaigns, I honestly do not feel like it was helping the campaigns get funded. So I had to regroup and focus on my goal. I recently decided to use some of my graphic art to create some products and open up an ecommerce site. At first, I created my own campaign which, I decided to use my platform to help anyone and everyone. I am not here to make millions, I just want to make people happy and smile.
    DavidKS
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by DavidKS » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:36 am

Hello everyone,

so yeah what is our ecommerce goal? We want to establish ourselves as a major platform for retailers to get and resell new cool startup products. We aim to be a go-to-option for startups who have problems with their product distribution and/or marketing and seek out a number of tradesman online. Often there are amazing kickstarter projects, but a lot of times they fail to get the audience they deserve.

That is why we founded Kaufsafari, to enable e.g. cool American products to be placed in a retail store here in Germany, which otherwise would suffer from wholesale trading or stop completely and not make it.
    Numbers are really not that important, we just want to make it happen. We basically are something like an online store on which startup products can be purchased online, but essentially we want to bring new products and retailers together on an international scale.

It is a huge challenge though and b2b platforms can have a hard time on kickstarter, but we are looking forward to every tasks coming up.
    http://kaufsafari.com/- The B2B Marketplace for StartUp Products.
  • stacyann1
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by stacyann1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:17 pm

@Perry90 - Awesome! Very achivable goal. I would like for us to communicate maybe we can make magic together.
  • WildFlower
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by WildFlower » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:49 am

My goal is to create an online store, no goals or plans for a physical location, but who knows. In the process of making the website through wordpress since it's cheaper to make an online store with woocommerce than using sites like squarespace, but putting that on hold as I don't really have the funds right now to buy a template and to host the server. But once my campaign ends, I plan on starting all that and making the online store!
    Bobi Necklace, the bobby pin storage necklace. http://kck.st/2ujG806
  • arodes
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by arodes » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:40 pm

Hi there!

I would like to ask about advices on how to have an ecommerce strategy during a crowdfunding campaign.

I'm running an sneakers ecommerce branded "SENSEMESURA" for a year, honestly not very successfully. I bet for quality instead of price, so our sneakers need branding to take off. So, I have decided to start a crowdfunding campaing with a very interesting concept of vegan, recycled, organic sneaker to get some brand awareness.

Here is my question:

Which strategy is recommended to have in a running ecommerce website during a crowdfunding campaign???

- Should I Invest in conversion on FB and Google Ads?
    - Should I try to get lead from emails?
    - Any SEO Tip to get more visits?

Thanks in advance!