Kickstarter Marketing: My experience with Funded Today
  • TBert
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Kickstarter Marketing: My experience with Funded Today

by TBert » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:52 pm

This looks like a great forum. I hope to learn and raise through help from this site!

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:52 am

Good catch by Jsmizzal14, I think Ignitecfp needs to be a bit more careful on heresay when the stats show that a huge amount was taken out and the campaign reached only 101% to cover their goal...seems really strange.

How would of FT managed to tell backers to quit the campaign anyway, it doesn't make much sense.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • Jwen
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Jwen » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:26 pm

I just want to share some of the campaigns that FT has been working with that showing up on my FB feed.
    Current project on this date (10/20/2016)
    Go check for yourself the result that they promised, these people should say bye2 for their $3,500....
    AirGill
    Alkey (Indiegogo)
    Loki
    Emotispoon
    Khaloo

I wish they know about this forum...
    TiMe22
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by TiMe22 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:24 pm

hyperstarter wrote:Sure, we prefer to do the proper research on what worked for other campaigns and niches, then apply it to campaigns.

And it works 100%! We run our campaign with the help of Giles (Hyperstarter) and got funded in 24 hours with a goal of €20,000 :)
    Currently live on Kickstarter with Robusto: 70s Futuristic Titanium Watch. Stronger than Steel.. Funded in 24 hours, yay!
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:28 am

Ok, but what does that mean - the stats they gave and the real results aren't the same?

Jwen wrote:I just want to share some of the campaigns that FT has been working with that showing up on my FB feed.
    Current project on this date (10/20/2016)
    Go check for yourself the result that they promised, these people should say bye2 for their $3,500....
    AirGill
    Alkey (Indiegogo)
    Loki
    Emotispoon
    Khaloo

I wish they know about this forum...
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by lowkey » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:58 pm

not to be rude. but @hyperstarter of all should know better the reputation funded today holds before we bust them off the lists. broadcasters actually interviewed funded today a couple of times, yet they failed to show the dispute made to the company.

how do you, hyperstarter are different?

can we make our research to your list of projects? what if we found out bad results/campaign done by your company?
    Personal Record : Assisted 13 Campaigns - 13K Backers - $2M Funded
    1 Year 7 Months Crowdfunding Marketing Compiled
    http://bit.ly/marketingresearchcompiled
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:49 pm

Sure, but we all recognise Funded.Today is huge, most likely the biggest crowdfunding company around. They (generally) have a good reputation, they've worked on alot of big projects and (mostly) use paid advertising to get there.

Hyperstarter doesn't use paid advertising, we've a platform which promotes campaigns and traffic comes from campaign owners testing their campaign page url's + visitors who find campaigns and want to know more.

We offer "hands on" work, where we look indepth from the campaign page itself to using the right pitches to sites/writers. Not sure what "which if we found out bad results" means...I recommend to everyone they do their research into crowdfunding sites and those who say they can help you.

lowkey wrote:not to be rude. but @hyperstarter of all should know better the reputation funded today holds before we bust them off the lists. broadcasters actually interviewed funded today a couple of times, yet they failed to show the dispute made to the company.

how do you, hyperstarter are different?

can we make our research to your list of projects? what if we found out bad results/campaign done by your company?
  • kristibw
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by kristibw » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:47 pm

This is all great feedback, we were considering going with Funded Today, so this information is helpful. Stefan P or anyone else on this feed, can you recommend the person you used on Fiverr to provide you with the list?
  • Crono Labs
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Crono Labs » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:33 pm

Appreciate the post, sorry that you had a bad experience. We were actually contacted by them but it didn't seem like a good deal, now I'm really glad that we didn't go with them!
    Campaign: kickstarter.cronolabs.com The first truly portable computer case!
  • cfrei
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by cfrei » Tue May 02, 2017 1:03 pm

I just hired Funded Today to help me with my Kickstarter campaign and it was a TOTAL WASTE of $2,500. I don't recommend that you hire them and here is why.

1. You have no control over your brand or message as they don't let you see any of the Facebook ads before or during the campaign. So, you have no idea what message they are putting out, when, how or even if they are putting out all of these ads they are claiming to.
    2. They don't use your Facebook account to place the ads, so you don't even get the advantage of driving people to your page or generating awareness or likes (if they aren't driving donations- which they didn't).
    3. I honestly have no idea whether they placed 1 ad or 1,000 ads during the 7 days they claimed to have placed ads. I never saw an ad on Facebook, so as far as I am concerned, they took my money and that was it. When I ran a Facebook paid advertising campaign, I ran into my ads all of the time (as I am in the target audience). I never once saw an ad for my company or product.
    4. There is no team. You work with one person (who was very nice) but basically for $2500, I got one 15 minute phone call, that was it.
    5. Most importantly, they DON'T DRIVE DONATIONS. I don't trust that they did a thing. They run the company like a factory and sign up as many desperate people/companies as possible, take your money and make it look like they are doing something, when in fact, they aren't.

Those are my two cents. I hope this post helps the next person who considers hiring Funded Today. BTW, they wanted $3,500 for their service and I negotiated them down to $2,500.

Live and learn.

I am happy to talk to anyone offline about my experience if you are considering using Funded Today. Just email me at cfrei@calebscookingcompany.com