Anyone used Crowdco?
  • Bullz-i
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Anyone used Crowdco?

by Bullz-i » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:55 pm

Yup. And everything here appears to be true. Seems honest and up front until you pay the initial fee. Then, all delayed responses are true. We couldn't get press copy that was going to be sent. We had to hound Patrick for information. The only time he was proactive was when he was removed from our Facebook access. Clearly he has not changed his ways. His voicemail is always full, so no messages can be left.

He DOES talk a good talk. We could never recommend Patrick, or anyone he does business with based on our dealings with him and the game he plays.

smokoinc
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by smokoinc » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:53 pm

I'd skip this one ;)
  • lifeacoustics
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by lifeacoustics » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:14 pm

OK!

There seems to be a growing consensus that Crowdco / Patrick Calderon should not be trusted or used.

We have filed a complaint with the BBB which Patrick has not replied to.

I suggest you all do the same. Here is the link. There is a complaint option on the right side.

http://www.bbb.org/losangelessiliconval ... er-reviews

Do you all have any other ideas about how we can warn others based on our experience?
    LIFE Headphones: Better fit. Better sound. Higher Purpose. Headphones from a social business.

http://kck.st/1OOHkvi
  • Ihugteam
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Ihugteam » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:09 pm

Here's our Kickstarter page:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ih ... r-ready-se

We would like to find the best blogs to get people enthralled into our cause. It's geared more towards healthcare so are there healthcare blogs for Kickstarter?
  • ztylus
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ztylus » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:17 pm

I found this thread and I thought I'd share my company's experience with Patrick Calderon Dakin and CrowdCo.

We signed on with Patrick to do PR for a product launch for our company. At first, he was very optimistic and positive with all of our discussions. As soon as we signed the term sheet and submitted payment, communication with him was terrible. He rarely answered his phone, emails and Skype messages. He missed multiple scheduled meetings and calls completely.

There was a complete lack of communication and promised deliverables were never received by us. When we did hear from him, he made promises that the press release draft is almost complete, or that his team is too backed up and will have it done that day. Not only did I not hear back from him, he completely ignored my messages. He went weeks without a response to multiple emails and messages and now it has just been complete disregard to any communication. When there was communication from him, all that he had were excuses of why nothing was done.

He has not followed up to deliver the promised services and communication with him has now completely dropped off with him ignoring all communication. The only time he reached out to me was after I posted a negative review on BBB, where he promised a refund. It has been more than a few months since he has promised a refund, with excuse after excuse of why the refund has not been processed. He keeps saying he will get the funds back from "his team" then the refund will be processed. Seems like he's giving the same run around to many companies regarding a refund as our experience sounds exactly the same as a previous post in this thread.

Overall, I would definitely NOT recommend his services. We, like other companies in this thread have fallen victim to his scam where he takes your money and then avoids communication with you.
  • lifeacoustics
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by lifeacoustics » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:03 pm

ztylus,

I created this thread because I had almost exactly the same experience as you a year or so ago.

Many more of these posts and I'm thinking we need to file a ripoff report or something that will increase exposure to their lack of good service and follow through.
    LIFE Headphones: Better fit. Better sound. Higher Purpose. Headphones from a social business.

http://kck.st/1OOHkvi
  • desik
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by desik » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:35 pm

Decided to use them on first campaign. After he received $500 i received a short story of my campagn which he called press release. And disappeared after that,
  • Dax
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Dax » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:41 am

The terrible tale of Crowdco, Patrick Calderan and our company. (Right off the bat, DO NOT hire him)

We paid 4700$, which is quite a lot for a company like ours, for his services and for his ‘team’ but what he did for us was terrible at best. Before we launched our campaign, Patrick told us a lot about what he is going to do and what magical plan he has for us but a few days before the campaign, we could not even contact him in any way. He finally got back to us saying he was working very hard to contact journalists and spread the word about our campaign but we didn’t see any results.

Furthermore, we purchased a list of emails from him to let potential backers know about our brand-new project and out of the 5000 contacts ‘sure to be interested’ in our product, only 3 or 4% of them opened our email and the responses we got were of people complaining about us sending them an email.

A few days after the launch however, after trying to reach Patrick over and over, he did send us some content he made but well I’m not even sure you can call this garbage ‘content’. It was terrible. We ended up cancelling our project to regroup and rethink our position and we complained severely who after a few days and a lot of unanswered email promised us to refund us part of our investment. Yes, part of our investment saying that he did do some work for us..
    So, in the end it doesn’t to be too bad right, we failed but we got our money back right? NO! After a few weeks of him telling us that he is going to refund us, we still haven’t received anything… Just for reference, we signed the contract on October the 19th and as you can probably see by the post date, this was nearly 4 months ago!

In summary, the morale of the story is simply, DO NOT, in any case, hire the services of Patrick Calderon or his company Crowdco.

Thank you for reading, I hope you it helps.
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:31 pm

$4700 USD!? What were you exactly paying for? If you paid with Paypal or credit card, you can get a refund for sure.

Get everything printed off, involve lawyers and proceed that way.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • DiiZiGN
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by DiiZiGN » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:11 pm

4700? Crazy, I won't paid that amount

from DiiZiGN
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/32 ... -with-phon