Share Your Best Crowdfunding Tip From Your Experience
  • Eve S
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Share Your Best Crowdfunding Tip From Your Experience

by Eve S » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:58 am

graymattersgames wrote:Has anyone used a service on Fiverr to promote their campaign? If so, did you have a good ROI?

Thanks!

Joe

I have tried many of them. Unfortunately, most are scams. Even the gigs which have many positive feedbacks and high rate deliver bad service. I ordered 9 gigs for the last campaign, only 2 gigs, a voice over service and a backer list seems worth money. I won't recommend gigs like "I will rank you on the first page on Google within xyz days", tweeting to my x millions true followers or even writing some article for $5. They all promise a lots but deliver nothing

ShogiCZ
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ShogiCZ » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:09 am

After few days of running our Kickstarter project: still around 60% are from Kickstarter itself and only 40% from our Facebook, contacts, PPC campaigns etc. I think that the right graph should be like opposite, right? 60% from ourselves and 40% from Kickstarter...
    We had the contact list prepared before launch, but not all of the people responded. We do not use mass emails, mostly personal.
    We hoped that we can get the "Projects we love" Kickstarter tip, but then we read that the video should be really fun and original, maybe this is also our problem. We took the project seriously, we tried to be brief and trustable, but the video is more serious than fun :/
    And as I wrote to another topic - our biggest problem is the currency, which we were not able to choose. Most of the questions are about DKK and people are so confused of it. I believe that all the campaigns should be only in USD or EUR.
    We put some money in Facebook and Google Adwords PPC campaings, which we hopefully can make and run ourselves :)
  • TaliVB
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by TaliVB » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:25 am

Any crowd funding tip for related to sports information / entertainment?

http://www.collegefootballfaniacs.com/
  • jukich
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by jukich » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:20 pm

I think the best tip for me was to create your target audience waaaay before you start the campaign.
    Twitter, FB and Instagram to make people aware of you.
  • cp1234
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by cp1234 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:03 am

We raised $250,000 in less than 9 hours and now (as of I'm publishing this post) we're almost reaching $522,000 with 15 more days to go! :) If you don't believe it, check out: http://kck.st/2e4tb2z

Of course, this is not possible without the help of our return backers, vibrant online communities and the marketing tips and tricks we learnt to appeal to BOTH existing and potential backers. Now that we have successfully reached our funding goal, I would like to help other crowdfunding creators out there because I believe that if you "do good, good will come to you". I promise I will keep it short and sweet :)

I will divide this into 3 phases i.e. 1 week before, 2 days before till D-day and after the launch of your campaign.

1 week before launch:
    Believe it or not, we didn't have concrete plans of launching a 3rd Kickstarter campaign. Our design and prototype of the product itself were not ready at all. Our designers and engineers alike have been working on Remix IO but our co-founders and PR manager are in a dilemma whether to put it up on Kickstarter or pre-sales. There are indeed pro and cons of Kickstarter, and you have to somehow "gamble" whether your launch will be a successful one, especially if you're a first-time KS creator. If it succeeds, you can fulfill your MOQ and continue with production. If it fails, it's a bad PR.

Long story short, we decided to go with Kickstarter one week before launch day because why not. We have had 2 hugely successful Kickstarter campaigns before (see: Jide.com) and so we're confident that we will succeed. It's crazy and might be a rash decision, but we believe that if we can do it, YOU can do it too (especially if you have a few months to prepare for the launch!) :)

This launch is more than just "gambling" for us. We are confident because of a few reasons. First, we have built and maintained a vibrant online community way before the launch. We have a large following on our Facebook page (see: Facebook.com/RemixGlobal). Facebook page is very useful because Facebook is almost universal and it's a great platform for us to disseminate new information / updates as well as for our followers to discuss, exchange tips, and reach out to us directly, It goes both ways. Most importantly, there's no point of having a Facebook page and posting great content on it if you don't engage your followers. This means that you have to set time to respond to every single comment made and to let them know that you appreciate them, no matter what. Second, we have an amazing PR team who churn out and distribute the press release and press kit to relevant, prominent journalists and bloggers before the campaign. You have to know journalists and bloggers in your niche, and have them listed down together with their contact details on a spreadsheet. Write an interesting press release that's relevant to their audience and prepare good images, videos, GIFs etc for your press kit. Compile all of these into a dropbox and send the link to the journalist and bloggers a week before your launch. Before I forget, don't forget to submit your project to Kickstarter for review and set a humble goal for your Kickstarter campaign is better than overestimating it. The more we reach beyond our goal, the more people think that our project is great and worth-backing.

2 days before till D-day
    Teasers. Get people excited about your product launch and get them to share this exciting news, What we did was to drop hints a few days leading to the launch on all of our social channels and newsletter. Don't forget to ask your family and friends to support your campaign by simply sharing this exciting news to their social media's timeline or to their friends or friends. Another great way to incentivize people to share about your teasers / launch is to hold a contest e.g. Facebook contest. This way, people are more compelled to share your content and this results in more people getting to know your launch.

Tips: Open another Facebook group or event especially for this launch so you can do a countdown or flood only those who are truly interested in your campaign with information / updates leading up to the launch. See: https://www.facebook.com/events/1781404 ... discussion

Launch, whoosh!
    If you have compiled your email list before the launch, it will be very helpful to blast this exciting news. Don't put too many details in it, just let people know that you launch a campaign on Kickstarter. Also, great reward systems help a lot e.g. we offer special perks for previous backers and referral program for new backers. As mentioned earlier, community building is really crucial and it's particularly important during your Kickstarter campaigns. You need to provide consistent and valuable content to our audience, which is genuine and not overly sales-oriented. This can be done through various channels e.g. social media, XDA Developers (where most of our audience hang out at), Reddit, Quora etc. We also run Facebook Ads, which I think is a great avenue to for targetted advertising as you can test it and also modify your desired audience (based on your niche). The revenue generated from Facebook matches / exceeds the required ROI. Most important of all is to keep pushing for media coverage from top journalists and bloggers in your niche. This is where we get the most traffic from :)

OK guys, thank you for reading it this far and I hope that was helpful. Let me know if you have questions! :)
    Remix IO+ is an Android Nougat-powered device, engineered to be a 4K TV set-top box, gaming console, and PC in one.

Back our project: http://kck.st/2e4tb2z
    for a chance of BUY ONE GET ONE FREE!
  • orfeo
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by orfeo » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:18 am

My tip is the Supporter Engagement

The most common mistake that first time crowdfunding campaign owners make (in both rewards or equity crowdfunding) is to not adequately engage their first level network of friends, family, and supporters.

For rewards crowdfunding, this means having people set and ready to start funding the launch of the campaign on day one. This is important because campaigns that accelerate more rapidly early on and attain a significant percentage of their funding goal in a short span of time often attract more attention as a whole over the life of the campaign.

For equity crowdfunding, supporter engagement more often means having important and notable stakeholders around the company online around the campaign and represented. This includes the entire team, advisors, board members, partners, and existing investors. Sites like Crowdfunder.com make this easy by displaying this important ‘social proof’ of your existing investors and team right alongside your investment offering online.
  • arinarin1
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by arinarin1 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:57 pm

ey everyone, my name is Arin and I've been working on a social network called Slushbox for a year now. I'm crowd funding for it on Kickstarter! I left a link below please check it out, let me know what you think! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/28 ... -car-geeks
  • gmburns2000
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by gmburns2000 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:11 am

Green Inbox helped me quite a bit. Still, I need that larger crowd to draw from. These days I'm depending on too many new backers.
    SantaMonica
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by SantaMonica » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:47 am

While you can change the title and the image at any time, the image and the title for when people share on facebook will stay as the original.

Someone posted that several pages ago. Is it still true?
  • kristibw
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by kristibw » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:57 pm

Eve who would you recommend on Fiverr to help with the backer the list? Thx!

Eve S wrote:
    graymattersgames wrote:Has anyone used a service on Fiverr to promote their campaign? If so, did you have a good ROI?

Thanks!

Joe

I have tried many of them. Unfortunately, most are scams. Even the gigs which have many positive feedbacks and high rate deliver bad service. I ordered 9 gigs for the last campaign, only 2 gigs, a voice over service and a backer list seems worth money. I won't recommend gigs like "I will rank you on the first page on Google within xyz days", tweeting to my x millions true followers or even writing some article for $5. They all promise a lots but deliver nothing