Do press releases websites really work?
  • XuanZhou
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Do press releases websites really work?

by XuanZhou » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:37 pm

Have anyone tried using press release websites such as crowdfundingpr.org or patronpress.com? I have read that it is advisable to submit Kickstarter press releases online. I don't know of any free and reliable websites to upload to. If I were to choose a paid option, I need to know that it will help the campaign. FYI, I have already emailed the media press individually and I am not sure if the press release upload will make a big difference.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Check out my doggie Kickstarter campaign: bit.ly/Bauhound-Kickstarter
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Do press releases websites really work?

by hyperstarter » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:13 pm

Sure Press Releases work, but are you refering to "Press" instead.

I think Crowdfundingpr are good (the same owners of this forum), but I'd suggest personally working on your Press Release, linking it to a custom email pitch and then connecting with specific writers and sites - rather than just "blasting it out there" and hoping someone will pick up on it.

If you need any help, feel free to connect with us via our site.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • XuanZhou
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by XuanZhou » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:34 pm

Hi! I did email to the press individually, and I was asking about "blasting the release" out there. Thank you for the insight!
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • ralphk
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ralphk » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:43 pm

I paid for a service to author and 'blast' my press release and a week into the campaign I've seen close to zero benefit from it. Friends of mine that had launched a number of Kickstarters themselves had adviced me against spending the money and I should have listened to them. I think it may be worth signing up with agencies that have strong relationships with journalists and bloggers in the particular domain of your project. These will be more difficult to find and could be very pricey.

Psychologically it's difficult not to take advantage of the 'blasting' services because you feel like someone out there will run with your story. Unfortunately the reality is the many of these types of PR blasts go totally unnoticed. Better off investing your time and money focused on specific publications, bloggers and journalists.
    Ralph Kuhlmeier

Adventure Mat - A Clean Surface Wherever You Go!
    Live Kickstarter Campaign: http://kck.st/2eNBqBH
  • XuanZhou
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by XuanZhou » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:55 pm

ralphk wrote:I paid for a service to author and 'blast' my press release and a week into the campaign I've seen close to zero benefit from it. Friends of mine that had launched a number of Kickstarters themselves had adviced me against spending the money and I should have listened to them. I think it may be worth signing up with agencies that have strong relationships with journalists and bloggers in the particular domain of your project. These will be more difficult to find and could be very pricey.

Psychologically it's difficult not to take advantage of the 'blasting' services because you feel like someone out there will run with your story. Unfortunately the reality is the many of these types of PR blasts go totally unnoticed. Better off investing your time and money focused on specific publications, bloggers and journalists.

Thank you! That is really helpful!
    RFIDsecur
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by RFIDsecur » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:39 pm

I think with all these things out there on offer. The easy answer is to automate it, but imagine being on the end of these seemingly endless stream of feeds, i.e. your post multiplied by the other 100, 1000 people doing the same thing. I think the personal approach is always best.
  • orfeo
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by orfeo » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:56 am

I think it depends on your item. If your item is creative and popular, there would be more and more people getting interest in your product. What they are looking for is the objective information. After kickstarter, the press will be found on google search and it would give enough information to potential buyers. So my opinion would be ;'the impact may be small during kickstarter campaign but will be better afterwards.