1st Launch, Constructive Criticism Welcome!
  • Emrys
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

1st Launch, Constructive Criticism Welcome!

by Emrys » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:46 am

Top of the day for you Sirs/Madams/Others,

It's been a couple days since I launched by project, Pretty Boys and Animals: A Coloring Book. I'm over 20% funded, though it has slowed down since the initial rush of close friends and family died down. I thought other people on my social media, facebook page, and deviantart, would follow up on their excitement and perhaps some would back the project but it's been slow thus far.

This is not something I've mentioned on the kickstarter since I wasn't sure I should put it there...any proceeds I do make I will use for surgery; I'm transgender and I'm saving up for chest surgery. But it's not something I'm sure I should advertise on the kickstarter itself (thoughts?). I say this so that you know I'm so ready to make this work, but I feel like I'm missing something. I've been bombarded with shark adverts that want you to pay money to get more exposure and it's made me doubt that I could do this without it.

The project itself has come from my deepest passion and talent, I've put so much time and effort into it, as do we all. Though the market is saturated with coloring books now, I've managed to find something unique within that.

I would appreciate any feedback. The book as it is now can't be changed much other than adding pages (those are tiers), or doing modifications to the cover. But if you think I need to add or modify anything on the page I welcome suggestions. And some guidance on marketing would also help me. I don't know what's reliable. I wouldn't touch anything but facebook at the moment for advertising. Problem is I really don't have any money to spare for that.

I would also be so grateful if you had a look at my project and shared it to your social media. The love would be so strong

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/464111053/pretty-boys-and-animals-a-coloring-book

Thank you~

Emrys~

Please have a peek at my project and let me know what you think <3
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/464111053/pretty-boys-and-animals-a-coloring-book
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: 1st Launch, Constructive Criticism Welcome!

by hyperstarter » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:56 pm

Hi, My first thoughts is that I wouldn't connect this with Transgender, but someone who likes your niche of guys + animals.

I don't really get the meaning of a colouring book though, something that you could pick up at toy shops or book shops.

What I would say is (your?) colouring in was awesome. It certainly is a selling point, although most people couldn't colour like that!

I would personally stay away from FB or marketing agencies, I don't think they can help. Perhaps try social media or FB groups instead...best of luck!
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: 1st Launch, Constructive Criticism Welcome!

by Cristina » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:56 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman