To Launch or NOT Launch on first week of Dec!
  • rns
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

To Launch or NOT Launch on first week of Dec!

by rns » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:27 pm

Hey guys,

I have scheduled my launch for the first week of Dec and am wondering if I should really go ahead. Having mixed feelings.
    Scheduling it for Jan 2017 wouldn't really make a big difference from Dec 2016, would it?
    I've seen a watch campaign raise $1M during this time and also seen many watch campaigns fail.
    I am trying to understand if advertising over rides/dominates date of launch?

The unique visitors/month are fairly constant through out the year with a high peak in August (extra 200K more).

Feels as though its a life/death situ! :?

• UpsideRacks
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: To Launch or NOT Launch on first week of Dec!

by UpsideRacks » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:30 pm

Hey rns, definitely can't speak with any great authority. But we were in EXACTLY the same position and decided to launch 2 days ago. We ended up going with that decision based on:
    1/ A quality product and campaign will outweigh any Dec v Jan issues, people will still view/contribute to Kickstarter whether they are at work or on holidays,,
    2/ Dec stats seemed to only be slightly off Nov, which as you point out aren't the Aug figures,
    3/ We really wanted to finish our campaign before Christmas, we thought people are more likely to be 'offline' between Christmas and New Years, so tried to avoid this period for any 'flat campaign days'
    4/ We thought people may be in a slightly more generous, positive attitude coming into Christmas (hey even if it's only 0.1% it could be worth it)

Having said all that, we are 2 days into a campaign, so they may all be completely flawed assumptions. Only time will tell.
    Good luck with the prep and launch of the campaign, see you on the other side :)

Sean
    Upside Racks: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/up ... more-often
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:51 pm

I'd say go for it! I remember speaking to you earlier on this year on the phone, how's it going?

I've actually worked on x6 overfunded watch campaigns since we last spoke, let me know if we can get back in touch and if I can help.

rns wrote:Hey guys,

I have scheduled my launch for the first week of Dec and am wondering if I should really go ahead. Having mixed feelings.
    Scheduling it for Jan 2017 wouldn't really make a big difference from Dec 2016, would it?
    I've seen a watch campaign raise $1M during this time and also seen many watch campaigns fail.
    I am trying to understand if advertising over rides/dominates date of launch?

The unique visitors/month are fairly constant through out the year with a high peak in August (extra 200K more).

Feels as though its a life/death situ! :?
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • xoomba
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by xoomba » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:49 pm

I don't know if you launched but It's not a great time. I can tell you because I'm in the middle of a campaign and it's difficult because people need to use their money for presents and I can't get them product until spring. http://kck.st/2ePpMaF