Advice on Back-to-Back Campaigns
  • gmburns2000
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Advice on Back-to-Back Campaigns

by gmburns2000 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:13 am

Anyone have any thoughts on running back-to-back campaigns?
    I ran an Indiegogo campaign that didn't meet its goal. Because I was going through the non-profit Fractured Atlas, it was an earn-all campaign, so I got something out of it. But I need a bit more in a short period of time. What your thoughts on doing a kickstarter at a much lower goal over four weeks this time of year? Is it bad to do back-to-back campaigns like this?

The first campaign I used Green Inbox for FB, LinkedIN, and Yahoo mail. I didn't have enough time to do Twitter. It worked on FB and Yahoo, but I got nothing through LinkedIn. Just wondering if a smaller goal and using Green Inbox on Twitter only (about 4800 followers) would be worth it or more damaging long-term (yes, I plan on doing other crowdfunding campaigns in the future, probably next year).

Thanks for the help. Greg

• gmburns2000
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Advice on Back-to-Back Campaigns

by gmburns2000 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:25 pm

Anyone have any advice at all?
    SantaMonica
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by SantaMonica » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:47 am

What is green inbox?

Since campaigns are free, why not do it?
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:56 am

My advice is go for it. I guess the problem you had was lack of planning and lack of outreach (hence Greeninbox).

Couldn't you run some competitions to gather emails and get on related forums in your niche to gauge the audience and see if there's an interest? Best of luck.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • gmburns2000
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by gmburns2000 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:21 pm

Yeah, well, it was really lack of planning. I'd change the campaign to focus more on the residency that I'm raising funds for instead of the project that I'll be working on there. That may make it a bit simpler, too.

As far as getting an idea if there's any interest - not sure if I'd need to gauge that first. Artist residencies are pretty common in the art world. My guess is that funding would come based on if they like my work or not. I tapped out my friends and family, though. I really need new backers if I'm going to do this,