World Wide Shipping methods, experiences...
    dusancv
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

World Wide Shipping methods, experiences...

by dusancv » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:28 pm

Hello everyone,

It seems to me that there is just not a lot of talk and shared experiences in regard to the world wide international shipping when it comes to crowdfunding. We all know that the big boys such as DHL, UPS, FEDEX are quite expensive, but they really deliver fast and on time. My thoughts are that if you want your customers to be happy and satisfied, their packages should get delivered as soon as possible and in the most painless way when it comes to additional costs of customs, taxes etc.

I would really appreciate first hand experiences of people who have used DHL(or UPS) for their fulfillment or later e-commerce shipping distribution.

My partner and I are planning to start a crowdfunding campaign around some niche that we saw there is a market for since there's a couple of very successful e-commerce businesses around the same topic.

The doubts that we're having are mainly connected with shipping methods and fulfillment since the price of the products will be largely impacted by the price of shipping world wide. Some of our future 'competitors'(Germany based) have managed to get the price of around 10eur for shipping world wide via DHL for a package that is around 30x30x5cm in size and weight around 500gr. The best thing is that it delivers in max 8 days world wide, and 3 days Europe. Do you guys know how is it possible to achieve this price or have any similar experiences with similar shipping companies?

The problem that we are facing is that once we called up DHL (we are based in Portugal) to get some kind of estimation price, they said that they cannot give us the prices for businesses since we haven't yet registered our future business. We were planning to do that after the crowdfunding ends.

So basically, we don't want to start the campaign until we figure out what would be the shipping prices, but on the other hand, we are not sure how to get the estimation prices as individuals. Any suggestions?

I appreciate your help!

Polimind Papercraft Pre-Launch Contest http://polimind.com/unlock
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: World Wide Shipping methods, experiences...

by Cristina » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:25 pm

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • pratiksaraogi
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by pratiksaraogi » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:21 am

You should talk to Igg / Ks to help connect with fulfilment partners, or connect with them yourselves on their support section. Also, look at similar products on ks/igg and look at what their shipping pricepoints are to get an understanding.
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:29 am

Great advice and something like BackerKit can help alot too.

pratiksaraogi wrote:You should talk to Igg / Ks to help connect with fulfilment partners, or connect with them yourselves on their support section. Also, look at similar products on ks/igg and look at what their shipping pricepoints are to get an understanding.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • josegaray
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by josegaray » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:11 pm

I think it´s not a bad idea, specially for the cheaper tiers, to stretch your imagination and come up with some untangible rewards. Makes life much easier and it can be significantly cool too!
  • mercanewheels
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by mercanewheels » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:12 pm

this is great advice!
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:26 pm

Great!
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman