Learn from my mistake
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Learn from my mistake

by hyperstarter » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:44 am

Yeah the advice all seems pretty vague and not to focused.

How I see "Build a Community" is really build a following of people who love your product and support you.

How to do that is the tricky question, but the major thing is to get your idea and product out there...if no one knows about it, how are they going to back you.

To get your idea out there, yes it's forums, email pitches, websites, FB communities and being part of the niche groups you want to target. If you come across as being an expert in your field, then people are more likely to trust you and support your potential campaign.

Hope this little bit of advice helps. Are you launching a campaign?

Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • Ivalina
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Ivalina » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Building a community takes time. I am doing the social network marketing for yourtutor.us and it goes really slow, even though we are present across 5 different social networks. Facebook seems to be slowest, while Instagram surpassed my expectations(even though the results are not great).
  • matthewkilgore
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by matthewkilgore » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:34 pm

I'm kind of going through the same thing now. I've launched a few games on my own and would like to get a new one funded, but I have no clue how to start building a community.

I ramp up social media posts and update websites, but that all seems to lead nowhere so I slow back down and don't find any more community members than I had.