Has your Kickstarter experience been positive or negative?
  • Sdproduct
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Has your Kickstarter experience been positive or negativ

by Sdproduct » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:40 pm

we have start our 2nd kickstarter campaign today.

Kickstarter campaign : X-Flex Belt - Most Comfortable Belt Ever

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sdproduct/x-flex-belt-most-comfortable-belt-ever

compare to our 1st campaign. The first day backer respond rate is much better.

Please check it out and give us some feedback. thanks :D

• ghostchilinate
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ghostchilinate » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:24 pm

First time creator its been going good but for sure see the need to make sure you get a large marketing campaign figured out before launching, is the biggest i think with also being clear on what your project is all about.
  • dreamsmadeinamerica
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by dreamsmadeinamerica » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:44 am

We've only been launched for about two days now, but we only have one backer of $5 haha. I came here to try to learn some strategies to get more visibility! If we get funded we hope to start a life of traveling journalism. Our project is Dreams: Made in America. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/71 ... =user_menu
  • samdias9792
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by samdias9792 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:08 am

We have launched our 6th Kickstarter Campaign on 9th Feb 2017 and so far we have achieved the goal. Looking forward how far the goal gets stretched.
    Campaign Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13 ... ks/updates

This is our 6th Campaign and however the experience is positive. I am here to learn some more tactics, learn new things and help out the newbies.
  • charmfril
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by charmfril » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:33 pm

If I had to describe kickstarter launch in 3 words I'd say: emotional roller coaster. But the funny thing is, that doesn't mean it's all bad! The happy moments are super happy- smile stuck to your face for hours kind happy! :D :) But the lows are.. frustrating! Knowing you have such a great campaign, that you worked so hard on, and constantly wondering why people aren't knocking down the metaphorical doors to back it- well, I'll say it again, it's frustrating! Patience is definitely a virtue. :o

But despite this, to say that my experience is negative would be so wrong! I have learned so much, I have stepped out of my bubble to talk to people I never would have. I have watched youtube videos, visited forums, spent hours- weeks even- reading through other projects, books, anything I can get my eyes on- and just taking it all in. Because of kickstarter, I am learning. I'd say that's pretty darn positive!

Speaking of happy and positive, please check out my campaign :D

http://bit.ly/_charmfril

Ariana Chalifour
    Founder of Charmfril
    Last edited by charmfril on Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:50 pm

I'll give you some advice...

You contacted me indirectly on one of my sites, where you submitted your Kickstarter url and description and that's it. There was no interaction from your part and looked like a copy and paste job. Sad to say if that's how you've been connecting with people, then you won't get much response.

If you made your message interesting, less "salesy" and looked at similar campaigns we featured in the past and based your message on that - I think we'd be more interested in featuring you.

Just wanted to give you the heads up and some advice, if you were wondering why the audience didn't engage with Charmfril :)
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • charmfril
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by charmfril » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:06 am

I appreciate your honesty and advice. I apologize, as it was never our intention to come off as insincere! Our reputation is very important to us, and to me- everything that we stand for as a company revolves around positivity! Kickstarter is a big opportunity and we don’t want to mess it up!

I’d really love to tell you a little bit about myself, my experiences and why I am on kickstarter. Kickstarter is honestly the first time in my life I have shared my story with anyone other than my close family and friends. I just want you to know that I am a person who has been through a lot, and in no way do I want to connect to people with zero interaction. It’s not what I’m about at all, nor my company! Anyways, this is why I am on Kickstarter funding Charmfril:

A few years ago, I suffered a traumatic head injury that really changed my life. I won’t get into details, but I will say that one of the things I struggled with the most was the fact that people couldn’t see what was wrong with me. There wasn't a cast around my head or a sign telling people what was going on. I definitely withdrew from people I may not have, simply because they didn't understand. I have learned hardship first hand, as I know so many others have as well.

We face so much adversity in life that it’s crazy.. whether it’s an injury, illness, loss, or even something more “simple” like struggling to fit in (or like people struggling to understand what we’ve been through). So that’s where the message of my company and everything I stand for comes in. I want everyone to be proud of who they are and how they have gotten there. I want everyone to know it’s okay to be themselves no matter what, and even better to show it off to the world- or in the case of my business, through the charms on their phone.

I don’t expect anything nor am I asking for anything, I just need you to know what we stand for!
    “Think Positive, Be Positive.”
    Ariana
    DixyDreamer
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by DixyDreamer » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:55 pm

So far my campaign has not did so well I am thinking about trying go fund me, and a few craft shows.
    I don't know if my product is not as great as I thought it was, or if I am just not getting the traffic I need, (How Do You Track Your Traffic?)
    Maybe my video isn't great enough? Maybe I need to adjust my gifts ?
    I am working on getting pictures of my gifts.
    Not sure of the problem but no funding as of today.
  • mikecTH
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by mikecTH » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:37 am

My First campaign to launch my project was not a positive experience, this was purely down to being wet behind the ears, having done so much research its obvious (with 20:20 hindsight) having a good idea and product is just not enough, the main thing is getting it out there. In another post I have written where I think I went wrong first time around.

I am now on my 2nd launch for TabletHookz https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tablethookz/tablethookz?ref=csyrj6

We're doing better than our first launch but the its one heck of an emotional roller-coaster - when you see those pledges come in it's a great feeling, then when it dries up and slows down you start to have a mini panic and wonder what else you could be doing, It would be so frustrating to have the finish line in sigh (having never got close last time) and not make it.

Through feedback of the KS community our product has morphed a little and a new stretch target has been designed if we manage to reach the 100% mark, that was borne purely out of Kickstarter backer feedback telling us what else they wanted, and of course mailing all our backers after our first campaign failed seeking feedback.

Having such a small target we don't have a large amount to spend on marketing so I would be interested to know where people think the best ROI was on different strategies used.

tiny-small-image.png
    tiny-small-image.png (72.77 KiB) Viewed 1538 times
    tiny-upsidedown2.png
    tiny-upsidedown2.png (44.27 KiB) Viewed 1538 times

Good luck everyone else and congratulations to those who have done so well.
  • gamato
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by gamato » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:30 pm

I am happy to reached 1700 $ so far.. But, this is not how I can start my dream.
    I learned a lot how to get Followers and how to do the right social Marketing, but maybe it was too late when I realised I had to set up everything before I launch my project.
    I had Videos, media, social platforms but I didn't really know how to reach a lot of people.

I think I will definitely try it again. Its exhorting, but I have a good feeling and I don't want to give up my dream.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/19 ... t-studio-3