FB Ads: Targeting Kickstarter Audience vs Other Interests
  • Marcusbircher
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

FB Ads: Targeting Kickstarter Audience vs Other Interests

by Marcusbircher » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:56 pm

Hi Guys,

Launching a campaign (outdoor sports product) in the Spring and have read a lot about the effectiveness of targeting your FB ad campaign towards three interests: Kickstarter, Crowdfunding, & Indiegogo. Ravean founder mentioned how this is really where all the conversions come from as people who are not already familiar with the platform are much much harder to convert.

Was curious to get more insights from those who have run campaigns about the % of backers who were familiar with KS already vs bringing completely new people to the platform and the experience of working with these two very different types of groups.

Cheers,
    Marcus

• lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: FB Ads: Targeting Kickstarter Audience vs Other Interest

by lowkey » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:09 pm

nope. whie its true facebook ads are the reason behind not only Ravean but most crowdfunding project success, its not as easy as targeting those who share similar interests with Indiegogo, Kickstarter and Gofundme pages.

whats true is the idea of crowdfunding, or what some refer as "pre-order" applies to everyone with everyone who have buying power. for example, my research on tech based project before, the best fb ads setting was to aim for those interested with uncrate, coolmaterial etc. aiming those who interested with the idea of crowdfunding itself doesnt work for you.

you need to aim those who are interested in outdoor sports product (as per your niche) like those who share similar interest with any outdoor activity. search googles for the most famous sites for your niche, line them up, put it in your fb settings and try to run for united states only.

see how it goes from there. for the third time of today, i am going to mention about my posts. please check my post, click on my id and check on my posts for my 1 year 7 month research compiled as guideline to your marketing strategies.

most of other people are looking for the easy way to get crowd by hiring marketing agencies but i can see you are trying to do this on your own. so learn it from the bottom. read my post. thanks.
    Personal Record : Assisted 13 Campaigns - 13K Backers - $2M Funded
    1 Year 7 Months Crowdfunding Marketing Compiled
    http://bit.ly/marketingresearchcompiled