Building up a mailing list before launching
  • ephorilondon
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Building up a mailing list before launching

by ephorilondon » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:53 pm

Hi Everyone!

My name is Ruchi, I recently set up a fashion startup this year for men's custom bracelets - personalised with name initials using 3d printing. I am looking to launch a Kickstarter campaign next month for my new collection with over 30 colours. I've uploaded some of the colours here: https://ephorilondon.com/product-catego ... ming-soon/

I've been reading up on crowdfunding and one of the most common things successful kickstarter projects have is a mailing list. People who are already subscribed and ready to see the campaign. I believe this is how most projects get funded within the first 24 hours.

I have recently been working on an application which enables people to sign up, refer their friends and win bracelets. You can see it here: http://ephori-offer-signup.ephorilondon.com/

This is now ready and I'm going to be sharing it with friends and family so as to start building the email list. I'll let you guys know how this goes. If any of you are interested in winning men's bracelets, feel free to share too! :D

But in the meantime, if anyone knows where else I could send this link to target the right audience, I would be grateful. At the moment, I'm considering bloggers, fashion forums.

I would be grateful for any help and tips! Thanks :)

• britishwriter
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Building up a mailing list before launching

by britishwriter » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:27 pm

Have you tried Reddit? I think there's a subreddit called freebies or something similar which might like it.
  • ephorilondon
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ephorilondon » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:27 pm

Thanks @britishwriter! Yes, I'm using Reddit as well to post this link where appropriate, but there are so many rules, it's confusing! I'm also going to experiment with facebook ads.

Have you launched a Kickstarter/crowdfunding campaign before?
  • Crono Labs
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Crono Labs » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:26 pm

Similar to the post above, I think some of the fashion related subreddits might have daily discussion threads, which would be a great place for you to build a following!
    Campaign: kickstarter.cronolabs.com The first truly portable computer case!
  • ReserveIt
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ReserveIt » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:31 pm

Reddit will be your best, bet.

I wish you luck.
    luisonoff
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by luisonoff » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:46 am

Hello, your product is very related to fashion and style, so I would reccomend two things:
    Use instagram and find influencers in Instagram and Youtube that may like your product, talk to them directly and ship them some units for free just so they can give you some feedback and maybe show it in their channels or share your campaign.
    Droiko drone - http://kck.st/2hn43DX