What is your day job? What is your passion project?
  • VictoriaAngelique
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What is your day job? What is your passion project?

by VictoriaAngelique » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:47 pm

After going months with rejections and no jobs by claiming I was "overqualified", I chose to branch out on my own. My dream job has always been to write and direct films, so I'm hoping through crowdfunding I can finally do so.

My first campaign launched on Kickstarter on 27 Jan 2017 and now promoting that is becoming a full-time job.

I also work free-lance for several authors to turn their books into screenplays as my Masters Degree is in Adaptation from page-to-screen. I get many books in the mail from authors trying to sell their books to become movies. I put together the treatments and then write the scripts for their books. I work as a way of the author keeping control of what is in the script before they try to sell for production.

• Botallions
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Botallions » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:31 am

For my day job I work with kids at a local elementary school. They're the reason I've started my passion project: making tabletop games. The games they had at the school were fun for a game or two but after that we'd all end up board so I started making my own and now we're all engaged during indoor recess.
  • Ellag
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Ellag » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:30 am

Hey!

Day job is now a full time Mum to my gorgeous 19 month old daughter. Hardest job I ever had!
    I used to work at a Talent agency for 12 years managing actors and models for fashion, film and TV.

My passion project is Meal Monsters which we are launching on Kickstarter in March.

Meal Monsters is an animated educational app that combines recipes, games and storytelling to encourage kids to cook and eat healthy meals.

Kids and their parents can make the meals in real life which is a great bonding experience.
    The app can also be played as a game or read as a story by the kids themselves as they follow the Meal Monsters on their cooking adventures.

Meal Monsters is the interactive and exciting recipe app to involve kids in making healthy food choices.
    Our website is mealmonsters.com

Love working on the characters and the brand. We are learning everyday and growing from the challenges we face!

Thanks!
    Ella
    mealmonsters.com
  • VictoHugo
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by VictoHugo » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:49 pm

Hello,

My name is David-Sean, I live in Paris and I am a boardgame creator. as I wanted to do everything on my won I decided to publish the boardgame on the history of Paris in the XIXth century (Eiffel tower, revolutions etc.) with my father and a friend and we did it, spending our personnal money in the project. Now that we sold more than 1000 copies and got our money back I want to evolve and to make an ambitious second edition, challenging myself in the Kick Starter universe !
    Here is my project : https://www.facebook.com/Paris-1800-The ... 989765601/

Best regards,

David-Sean
  • RobCorra
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by RobCorra » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:51 pm

What is your day job?
    I am an entrepreneur.

Currently I am working on forming a tabletop game company. I have designed and in the process of creating a Kickstarter for our first board game

I teach English as a Second Language part time to pay my bills while working on Adventures in Tahana (AiT), our first product.

What is your passion project?

Bringing the world of Tahana alive. Both in tabletop games and software. I also designed a humanitarian project I would like to fund one day, I love learning and designing.
    Freshpreneur
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Freshpreneur » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:40 pm

Hey Sal,

What is your day job?
    I teach business and economics at an international school in Hanoi, Vietnam. It is a lot of fun and I get to hone my academic understanding of business and econ.

My background is in the consumer packaged goods industry, most recently as a business analyst.

What is your passion project?
    I have a crowdfunding blog that I have been managing since 2013. I am now launching an ecommerce extension of the site via Kickstarter. Exciting!
    Justin Rogers
    Owner & Founder
    Freshpreneur
    https://www.freshpreneur.com/
  • charmfril
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by charmfril » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:09 pm

Great to read so many awesome posts on here- I love seeing what people are passionate about! :D
    A little about me..

Day Job: Catwoman by day, graphic designer and coder by night 8-)

Passion: Creativity! And also laughter. I'd say my passion project is anything that gets my creative juices flowing. I've designed a few really cool apps.. still in development but those are up there with my favorite projects ever. But my #1 is of course my just-recently-launched Kickstarter campaign, Charmfril! Phone cases with a creative twist- lockets and charms snap right on! I'd love for you all to check it out :)

http://bit.ly/_charmfril

Ariana Chalifour
    Founder of Charmfril
  • Alber51
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Alber51 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:07 pm

Day Job: I actually study.

Passion: healthy food.
  • andrew212
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by andrew212 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:17 am

Hey, my day job is to handle client's inquiries, kinds of a bridge between clients and factory. Stressful something.
    My passion (project) is to help your Kickstarter ideas come true (only on apparel and textile industry). Feel great when see their campains are successfully backed.
    Apparel Empire, an apparel manufacturer in Singapore. We're willing to handle any fashion development for your Kickstarter and crowdfunding projects. Check out our website: www.aeempire.com or drop me an email: exclusively@aeempire.com
  • Adam_b
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Adam_b » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:50 pm

I am a professional videographer/editor/colorist.

Glad I am pursuing my dreams rather than being held up at a job I hate! The profession at times can be similar to the concept of "feast or famine." Regardless, I wouldn't change it for the world, as I am quite happy doing what I do.

Check out some of my work and a particular project I have been trying to get funding for with kickstarter. Right now I would call this my "passion project."
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/89 ... al-tv-show