AVOID BACKER CAMP. Yeap. Thats my advice. Learn why.
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

AVOID BACKER CAMP. Yeap. Thats my advice. Learn why.

by lowkey » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:52 pm

Hello everyone, its me again. As per usual, pardon me for my english. Its not my native language but I will try my best.

So we are here to discuss Backer Camp, The domain lists :

backercamp.com
    backer.camp > which will re route you to backercamp.com

Now lets go to our case studies.

backercamp fb ads.jpg
    backercamp fb ads.jpg (70.39 KiB) Viewed 5919 times

This is an ads made by Backercamp, How do I notice? Because when I click at the ads, it will redirect me to : 66.backer.camp/skinners which will then redirect me to Indiegogo InDemand page.

So are we clear?

Now lets go to why you should avoid them. When I choose to create similar ads, facebook shows "Conversion" as my ads objective which means Backer Camp choose "Conversion" as their fb ads objective too. Now, why is this good and bad in the same time?

Because judging from the ads comments and shares and likes, apparently Backer Camp spent a fair amount of money advertising them for their clients. But what you should understand, is the conversion rate they claim to be. Now we need to go to basic. How facebook charge you when you choose conversion as ads objective? When you get conversion.

Fair right? How facebook decided when you need to pay for them? By providing you with facebook pixel, which you will then paste the coding onto the landing page which usually is the "thank you" page after confirmation of payment. BUTTTTT, thats not the case with Backer Camp. Guess where they put the ads pixel?

I know you already know where this is going. They put it on the first landing page, the 66.backer.camp/skinners. So by doing this, they keep paying facebook for what later will be their own success story for the highest conversion rate ever. THATS THE TRICK. The conversion doesnt represent pledges, but only represents the amount of people VISITING the page before being redirected to the Indiegogo InDemand campaign. (go to google chrome, open the backer camp link, inspect page, elements, and you can see the facebook pixel)

Why is this bad? Because its deceitful. Future clients will get excited with the numbers, the success story and thennnnn shits happen. This is not the case for Skinners because they already make a million for their campaign, but this will definitely hurt new campaign owners who expect return for their own hard earned money paid to irresponsible practice of a so-called-marketing-expert.

Thats all. Thank you for your time.

Check out my other post to learn more about marketing, what you should've done and my own success story.

How do I practice my marketing and why am I different. You dont pay a dime. Thats how.

Put me as your page admin, give me statistics and results of your past ads, I'll run my own setting to see if I can do something for your campaign.

If you get pledges from my ads, proven, constantly, by checking the links and audience, I'll sell off the setting to you for a sum of money and you can start spending your own money to pay for your own success.

If you dont have money but you need the promotions? I can do something about that too. Hit me. Lets discuss. You should know by now what I have to offer and my experience. Chills buddy.

Personal Record : Assisted 13 Campaigns - 13K Backers - $2M Funded
    1 Year 7 Months Crowdfunding Marketing Compiled
    http://bit.ly/marketingresearchcompiled
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: AVOID BACKER CAMP. Yeap. Thats my advice. Learn why.

by hyperstarter » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:03 am

Not to stick up for Backercamp (I'm nothing to do with them and don't represent them) BUT surely if the campaign owner is paying them X amount and seeing X number of leads generated, isn't that what counts? I also thought BC didn't get so involved in FB ads compared to say FT, Jellop, Command Partners...

If the campaign owner isn't in charge of pixel tracking and/or Google Analytics to track hits and conversions then that's a big problem.

Also, I'm noticing perhaps a conflict of interest with your posts, as you're providing similar services yourself.
    Before you gave a breakdown of why we shouldn't use Funded Today, today it's all about Backer Camp...who's next? *gulp*

It's all fair and well to state this company are rubbish or that company aren't great, but if you're in this field yourself now it's not constructive to complain about your competitors in a public forum.

You might be right (wih free speech n' all), but I can't think of the long term benefits. You're coming across perhaps as a bit grumpy, but I've loved your comments so far on campaigns and what owners should be doing.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by lowkey » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:28 am

hyperstarter wrote:Not to stick up for Backercamp (I'm nothing to do with them and don't represent them) BUT surely if the campaign owner is paying them X amount and seeing X number of leads generated, isn't that what counts? I also thought BC didn't get so involved in FB ads compared to say FT, Jellop, Command Partners...

If the campaign owner isn't in charge of pixel tracking and/or Google Analytics to track hits and conversions then that's a big problem.

Also, I'm noticing perhaps a conflict of interest with your posts, as you're providing similar services yourself.
    Before you gave a breakdown of why we shouldn't use Funded Today, today it's all about Backer Camp...who's next? *gulp*

It's all fair and well to state this company are rubbish or that company aren't great, but if you're in this field yourself now it's not constructive to complain about your competitors in a public forum.

You might be right (wih free speech n' all), but I can't think of the long term benefits. You're coming across perhaps as a bit grumpy, but I've loved your comments so far on campaigns and what owners should be doing.

awwww. look at you. lets go through your awesome replies.

"campaign owners is paying them X amount and seeing X number of leads generated, isnt that what counts?"

nope. campaign owners paid the money first, and the leads receive will be "depending on the product"..which means, no marketing company ever promised that they can bring money into your campaign, just leads. Heck, even I promise the same thing to my clients. By putting conversion pixel on the landing pages, they fabricated the illusion of "many conversions done" by their ads. that misguiding ads makes campaign owner lose money to those people who "promise we can make it work for you"...wew.

and yes, it is a problem. and thats what i am trying to point out. thank you for your help.

wew. are you new into this? i guess you'll try to come up with a good elaborated reasons saying you have sufficient experience to claim a certain status to claim your facts. but i am pointing out the obvious. if I am wrong, you are welcome to reach backer camp or funded today to come and prove me wrong.

and yes, not a bit grumpy, but i am the grinch. grinchy grinchy green grinch. I am offering similar service, with different system. a proven one too. you give me linkings to your campaign, i try to figure out the best fb ads setting for you, if it pays out, good. you'll buy the settings from me. if not, no. you dont spend a dime. theres a weakness in my method tho, which I can fabricate them by pledging the product myself and get the campaign owners confused with it and actually buy my settings! yeayyy!

but no. what I charge is far less than total pledge made to the campaign before we decide its good. fair trade. fair settings. fair module for both marketer and campaign owner.

the problem with the current marketing company in crowdfunding is they only know to take, take, take and take. of course, you need to get paid to actually work. but thats because they look at themselves as something valuable to campaign owners. but the truth is, the clients are much much more valuable to campaign owners! so start working, do our part and create a module that will make sure you get paid when the job done.

because if you lose your own money to do something then what makes you think getting them pay for it is good for them?

been there done that. i've done a couple of projects without good returns. and they dint buy my settings despite having a good leads. what happen next? nothing. we try to work for our next project. i dont get paid, but i still partake on the marketing.

but sure, maybe because I am working alone, so theres no need to spend extra cash on other expenses like paying salary etc right...? well, if you dont have a good honest business in the first place, why bother creating a company that trying to suck people money for no good return.

tadaa.
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:31 pm

"awwww. look at you. lets go through your awesome replies." Sarcastic much? That's all you had to say to me get an idea of the way you'll be marketing yourself - well done.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:38 am

This post has been moved to the News + Fraud Watch + Popular Projects section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • Flter
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Flter » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:44 pm

We were thinking about going with Backer Camp but over email they didn't seem too helpful and wanted us to pay before really speaking with us. We have a similar experience with a PR company that we will be writing about shortly.
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by lowkey » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:15 am

hyperstarter wrote:"awwww. look at you. lets go through your awesome replies." Sarcastic much? That's all you had to say to me get an idea of the way you'll be marketing yourself - well done.

ah dint see you there. sorry but for me it appears you made shorter replies to give me less made-up-fact to counter. and yes, this is my idea to market myself.
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by lowkey » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:17 am

Flter wrote:We were thinking about going with Backer Camp but over email they didn't seem too helpful and wanted us to pay before really speaking with us. We have a similar experience with a PR company that we will be writing about shortly.

everytime. every, fuking, time. lets make them feel miserable.
  • MiaModern
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by MiaModern » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:54 am

Cristina wrote:This post has been moved to the News + Fraud Watch + Popular Projects section.

sorry to post this here but Christina...

why can't we send private messages?
    or even reply to a private message - that someone sent us?

we've been sub'd here for 2 weeks already. what gives? :)
  • MiaModern
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by MiaModern » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:55 am

lowkey wrote:
    Flter wrote:We were thinking about going with Backer Camp but over email they didn't seem too helpful and wanted us to pay before really speaking with us. We have a similar experience with a PR company that we will be writing about shortly.

everytime. every, fuking, time. lets make them feel miserable.

Great post. love reading all of em. good stuff about FT and BCamp