What is your day job? What is your passion project?
  • SandMBooks
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What is your day job? What is your passion project?

by SandMBooks » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:35 am

Day job(s): Half of us = IT and the other half is a pixel pusher. Our mutual passion is to create tangible hilarity that inspires other people to send us money :-)
    Our first book is My First Pussy, a faux-children's board book filled with ridiculous double entendres and lovely illustrations.
    —Sara & Matt
    http://www.sandmbooks.com

• kspro
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by kspro » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:59 pm

I am working at Microsoft but leaving soon so i can focus on my indigogo full time
    my job has taught me many things, one being how to size the market, I feel my product is going to be a success story, however will need the help of kind people such as yourselves.

Have a look, tell me what you think,

cheers
    Adnan

https://igg.me/at/kspro/x/9515151
  • anthokoka
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by anthokoka » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:17 pm

I work in sales for athletic field tools and equipment. I have no passion for it! Luckily, my campaign has been funded and I can move on to something I enjoy.
    brendon@omni-pot.com
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by brendon@omni-pot.com » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:24 am

My day job is in software QA engineer for ONTRAPORT, a small but growing company in Santa Barbara California. It's a great place to work, with cool passionate people, and a product that helps entrepreneurs so I consider myself lucky.

My passion project is trying to bring my first real "invention" http://omni-pot.com to life.

I have always been a dreamer. Ever since I can remember I a have had "ideas" on how to improve things, take them to the "next level" or how to solve an annoying problem with a "million dollar product".

I know this is nothing special. Many, many people have great ideas. "Ideas are cheap" as "they" say and they are right.

One thing that I do, that some don't, is write my ideas down. It has helped me and I suggest every "idea guy" out there, like me, do the same thing. Big ideas, little ideas, save them all. You never know when and how those ideas might instigate others or if your lucky, see the light of day when you find the right partner or get the right inspiration.

That is the point I am at now. With the help of a $267 3D printer and a lot of help from my mechanical engineering friend Dave, the first of my inventions has made it through prototyping and is now on Kickstarter!

I am of course excited and proud but the campaign is not going as I had "dreamed". I of course know it's time to stop dreaming (once again) and start fixing the problems.

Wish I had found this forum before launch but like many, I tend to only read instructions when I cannot figure it out on my own. Well at least I am not to proud to seek help when needed and it's needed. There is a LOT to learn.

Now that I have taken the step from "dreamer" to "inventor" I have to now overcome the even bigger hurtle of become a "successful inventor"! That's the real trick!

Hope we can help one another get there. There's nothing better than a Win Win.

I guess that's another passion of mine, creating more Win Wins in the world at all levels.

Thanks for your time!
  • mikecTH
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by mikecTH » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:41 am

Hi Everyone,

Day Job = Commercial Airline Pilot taking people all over the world & my better half was a flight attendant.

Passion Project is my current Project called TabletHookz, travelling with young kids on airlines who no longer offer In flight entertainment we needed something that wasn't available on the market and so set to work. We wanted to create a mounting that could be used anywhere on an aircraft for holding tablets & smartphones, was strong to withstand turbulence and/or kids and those passengers who like to sit in their seat as hard as they can - sending your drink everywhere ! :lol:

Our project has evolved through kickstarter feedback and now we are adding stretch targets so TabletHookz can be used with adapter in the car too, so that TabletHookz will be one secure mounting for everywhere !
    tiny-small-image.png
    tiny-small-image.png (72.77 KiB) Viewed 1111 times
    tiny-upsidedown2.png
    tiny-upsidedown2.png (44.27 KiB) Viewed 1111 times

Our first campaign was unsuccessful. Seeking a lot of feedback from the community we are now on launch 2 - been going for 13 days and 70% funded, please checkout our campaign https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ta ... ref=csyrj6

Thanks
    Mike
  • Miriam
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Miriam » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:26 pm

Going to grad school at Wayne State U in MI
  • franciscoferreira
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by franciscoferreira » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:08 pm

I am doing an academical research on crowdfunding whose purpose is to better understand which are the factors that drive people to invest in crowdfunding and which are the factors that demotivate them from using it. The survey takes 5 minutes and it can be important to understand crowdfunding a bit better. I would be very thankful if you could fulfil it: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link
    Chipwallet
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Chipwallet » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:22 am

I work on this project full time at the moment. I hope to continue doing this. My passion is great product design and doing cool projects. I found out that I perform the worst in structured working environment.
    First POP-OUT Wallet Made by You: Chipwallet. LAUNCHING Wed April 5th on Kickstarter:
    http://kck.st/2nbIE66
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by lowkey » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:52 am

Chipwallet wrote:I work on this project full time at the moment. I hope to continue doing this. My passion is great product design and doing cool projects. I found out that I perform the worst in structured working environment.

gotta tell you, i rarely bother to click any of the links. but your "chip wallet" profile image got me since i am interested to know how different it can be compared to other wallet been on KS.

what blew me away was the goal for 4.5k.

bro, i know you can get at least 2 times your goal. goodluck brother. all the best.

Presentation : 10
    Video : 8
    Goal + Offers : 10
    Novelty : 8
    Personal Record : Assisted 13 Campaigns - 13K Backers - $2M Funded
    1 Year 7 Months Crowdfunding Marketing Compiled
    http://bit.ly/marketingresearchcompiled
    Chipwallet
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Chipwallet » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:13 am

Hi Lowkey,

Thanks so much for the kind words, we need them at this evening of the launch! The goal is artificially low, so we can meet it and get the project funded.
    First POP-OUT Wallet Made by You: Chipwallet. LAUNCHING Wed April 5th on Kickstarter:
    http://kck.st/2nbIE66