How many projects have you backed and why do you back them?
  • manuelz
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: How many projects have you backed and why do you back th

by manuelz » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:20 am

I backed almost 30 Projects now. i love new innovative things and i want to Support Innovation!

• BrainMattersDK
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by BrainMattersDK » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:25 am

I have backed around 40+ projects on Kickstarter, Indiegogo and various other platforms.

It can kind of addictive to find awesome-looking gadgets etc. and then back those.

I have scaled it down a bit in the past few months, as I was putting a little too much money into this "hobby" ;)

I back projects that make something I'd think I can make use of, and that I do not feel I can find elsewhere.

I pay attention to how active the campaigners are in updates and comments during the campaign, before I give them money. That means it is rare that I get the Early bird specials, but I'd rather wait a bit and see before commiting.

I also check their social media profiles and webpages, that are linked to. Too often they open profiles everywhere but then don't update these. That annoys me and doesn't show the proper professionalism that one would hope for. I wish they would only open as many profiles as they can keep updated.

But it is fun, and I have received some awesome things, a few things that were a bit of a let-down, and one that will never deliver anything.
    My YouTube channel, where I mainly review backed crowdfunding projects: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwpJeX ... blXSqRclag

Advice for Novice Crowdfunding backers: https://youtu.be/I4PLGay_mzI
  • eem81
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by eem81 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:46 am

1. I have backed 1 project on Kickstarter
    2. I backed it because it was something I had always been looking for and was excited that someone decided to invent it
  • nnholloway
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by nnholloway » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:59 pm

This is very interesting, thank you!
  • Infini
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Infini » Wed May 10, 2017 12:02 pm

I've backed only a project so far, but just because I'm new to this. Getting ready to back many more worth projects :)
    rockonkitty
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by rockonkitty » Thu May 18, 2017 9:50 am

I've backed four projects. All have been my friends' film projects. Even when I don't particularly like their ideas, I'll back anyway because it's my friends' work. (I have a lot of filmmaker friends). My partner and I also back some non-film works together. They tend to be technology products or just innovative stuff that makes us laugh. I remember being so excited backing Ryan North's To Be Or Not To Be (Choose your own adventure). I wanted the book so badly and I was so happy when I finally got my hands on it.
  • quampegan
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by quampegan » Thu May 25, 2017 4:00 am

I have backed 4 projects in return for products when they are ready but I am very frustrated with the last one, which is making me rethink this mode of funding. I usually fund projects that improve students' access to different ways of creating or engineering. I like to try them out especially for use in my schools. I am a teacher. But this last one has me very frustrated as I only recently got specific specs on the machine that clearly suggest it will not work well for me in my home studio/workshop. The company is refusing to return my pledge. They went way over their funding goal and the unit is selling for a higher cost than what I had pledged. It hasn't shipped (delayed several times) which is ok...but to not refund my money seems absurd. I'd appreciate hearing from others as I am considering additional litigation.
  • Buducase
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Buducase » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:25 pm

Great topic, for a couple reasons. First, its nice to hear I'm not the only one being frustrated by some campaigns. Second, I'm wondering what makes people back or not back as I have a campaign thats live right now, which I think is pretty cool (shocker!) and I'm doing some solid advertising and have good traffic, but am not getting the backers.

1. I've backed 3
    2. I usually surf the technology campaigns to see what cool new tech is out there, and buy based on what I need. I think this is part of my problem because tech seems to be plagued with lofty ambitions, that turn into realistically lengthy wait times or no deliver at all!

If you're still reading and are an experienced backer, can you check out my campaign and see why people aren't backing...thanks

Please reach out if you have questions, I can tell you what not to do ;)
    Check out our Indiegogo:
    http://www.buducase.com
  • ayala
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ayala » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:31 pm

Backed 3; backed because I wanted to support the entrepreneur behind them and be part of their journey.
  • chrismassari
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by chrismassari » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:35 pm

I've backed 20, mostly because they were either projects from friends or because the projects looked really interesting.