My campaign doubled overnight
    eMinnow
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: My campaign doubled overnight

by eMinnow » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:58 pm

What promoting are you doing right now?

David Tye
    eMinnow the worlds first robotic fishing lure! now AVAILABLE to pre-order now via:
    Indiegogo On Demand: http://bit.ly/2qzwRjC
    eMinnow
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by eMinnow » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:05 pm

Got to say, you need more work on your campaign to engage people and provide more information, pictures and videos if possible.
    The pledges are weak too, the sharpener or replica's will be in the dollar stores before long for a few dollars so it doesn't make a lot of sense to pledge.
    Just my pennies worth, I hope you don't mind the critique!
    Good luck though.
    David Tye
    eMinnow the worlds first robotic fishing lure! now AVAILABLE to pre-order now via:
  • RICSB
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by RICSB » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:06 pm

Been solicited by so many companies claiming to be the best but they are all the same. No results. Mostly Facebook and Twitter posts but not getting traction. Also personally contacted many media blogs and as of yet no one gave it any attention. I usually get traction with media but that could take days. If one major blog picks it up I will be off and running. But not happening yet...
  • RICSB
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by RICSB » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:08 pm

I appreciate the info and do not mind the critique at all! Will work on the campaign some more. Unique products like this usually hit a nerve right away and do very well for us but this one is taking longer than anticipated.

eMinnow wrote:Got to say, you need more work on your campaign to engage people and provide more information, pictures and videos if possible.
    The pledges are weak too, the sharpener or replica's will be in the dollar stores before long for a few dollars so it doesn't make a lot of sense to pledge.
    Just my pennies worth, I hope you don't mind the critique!
    Good luck though.
    eMinnow
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by eMinnow » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:34 pm

If you do a little more work on your campaign page to engage people that will help.
    It may be better to scrap this one and re do it.
    Give them reasons why they should pledge, a bit more of a story, maybe about you/your background.
    Do some bullet points about why people don't like Trump.
    At the end of the day your market is those who don't like the President so why not include excepts of Trumps tweets and news articles that have infuriated people. Relevant stuff that's going on with Russia/Trump to make people remember and think 'oh yes that is awesome got to have that!' maybe include a printed card with the worst sayings Trump has come up with etc.
    This kind of stuff re confirms why you are making the Trump butt sharpener!
    I hope this helps in some way :)
    David Tye
  • RICSB
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by RICSB » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:02 pm

I will consider all your points. Hopefully I can fix this one rather than start over as it just began two days ago. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Scott

eMinnow wrote:If you do a little more work on your campaign page to engage people that will help.
    It may be better to scrap this one and re do it.
    Give them reasons why they should pledge, a bit more of a story, maybe about you/your background.
    Do some bullet points about why people don't like Trump.
    At the end of the day your market is those who don't like the President so why not include excepts of Trumps tweets and news articles that have infuriated people. Relevant stuff that's going on with Russia/Trump to make people remember and think 'oh yes that is awesome got to have that!' maybe include a printed card with the worst sayings Trump has come up with etc.
    This kind of stuff re confirms why you are making the Trump butt sharpener!
    I hope this helps in some way :)
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:18 am

Cool but...it doesn't look anything like Trump! $25 for a pencil & sharpener is huge, plus what's the difference between the $25 version and $40 version + US only and postage on top? Supporting China's economy isn't much of a selling point either I'm afraid.

Regarding the campaign page, alot more photos are needed and preferably a main video.

Best of luck.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about