Conversion Rates
    Shonin
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Conversion Rates

by Shonin » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:00 pm

Hello folks,

Sorry if this is a repost, i'm having some trouble finding good data on this subject. I'm interested in finding out what kind of conversion rates are being experienced on Kickstarter (i.e. [# of Pledges / unique visits to campaign]).

We have read a few places that kickstarter tends to convert better than an average eCommerce website, some numbers i've see are as high as 10%. I'm guessing this is variable by pledge levels, type of product etc, but there must be some rule of thumb that has developed over the years that can be used for planning purposes.

It would also be awesome if you could share rates / metrics that you have seen on your own campaigns.

Thanks!

The Shonin Streamcam is a wearable personal security camera that saves video directly to the cloud.

www.kickstarter.com/projects/shonin/shonin
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Conversion Rates

by lowkey » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:00 pm

I believe you should go through my 1 year 7 months post. We revised the issue there before as far as i remember.
    Personal Record : Assisted 13 Campaigns - 13K Backers - $2M Funded
    1 Year 7 Months Crowdfunding Marketing Compiled
    http://bit.ly/marketingresearchcompiled
    Shonin
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Shonin » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:28 pm

Thanks lowkey, it looks like you are suggesting a 1% conversion rate from FB ads. Do you have a sense of what the campaign page metrics are usually? I.e. for traffic sent to the campaign page what is a benchmark conversion rate we can measure against?
    The Shonin Streamcam is a wearable personal security camera that saves video directly to the cloud.

www.kickstarter.com/projects/shonin/shonin
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by lowkey » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:39 am

it varies between projects. theres no way for us to tell because theres too much variable working for the project. get it?
    Personal Record : Assisted 13 Campaigns - 13K Backers - $2M Funded
    1 Year 7 Months Crowdfunding Marketing Compiled
    http://bit.ly/marketingresearchcompiled
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:50 am

This post has been moved to the Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict) section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • chet.matrine
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by chet.matrine » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:11 am

I think PR has a pretty high conversion rate, but there are just so many scams out there it doesn't even seem to be worth the risk
  • gustofwisdom
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by gustofwisdom » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:06 pm

Shonin wrote:Hello folks,

Sorry if this is a repost, i'm having some trouble finding good data on this subject. I'm interested in finding out what kind of conversion rates are being experienced on Kickstarter (i.e. [# of Pledges / unique visits to campaign]).

We have read a few places that kickstarter tends to convert better than an average eCommerce website, some numbers i've see are as high as 10%. I'm guessing this is variable by pledge levels, type of product etc, but there must be some rule of thumb that has developed over the years that can be used for planning purposes.

It would also be awesome if you could share rates / metrics that you have seen on your own campaigns.

Thanks!

Just took a look at your campaign and I am very impressed. What marketing agencies did you use? I could really use come recommendations, there seem to be so many scams and frauds out there
    DaveGarber1975
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by DaveGarber1975 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:08 am

Shonin wrote:Sorry if this is a repost, i'm having some trouble finding good data on this subject. I'm interested in finding out what kind of conversion rates are being experienced on Kickstarter (i.e. [# of Pledges / unique visits to campaign]).

In our experience working with nearly 2,000 crowdfunding campaigns, if you're getting conversion rates of at least 6% from "organic" traffic and at least 1%-2% from social-media ads, then you're probably doing rather well. Although you should expect higher conversion rates if your pledge size is lower than average, and vice-versa. This dependency upon price is one reason why we don't find conversion rates as useful as other rates in comparing one campaign with another. For such comparative purposes, we prefer to focus instead on a related rate known as earnings per visitor (EPV), which is also called per session value in Google Analytics. As for some EPV benchmarks, if your campaign is getting an EPV of at least $4-$5/visitor from "organic" traffic and at least $1/visitor from social-media ads, then you're doing rather well. With lower rates than these, you can still potentially get fully funded, but it might be overly-challenging to partner successfully with a marketing agency like ours.
    I work for Funded Today, which has helped hundreds of crowdfunding projects on Kickstarter and/or Indiegogo to raise over $175,000,000 altogether. How may we help you? Please learn more at www.funded.today and/or www.fundedtodayreviews.com
  • AmandeNow Bags
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by AmandeNow Bags » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:59 am

Yeah, a .01% conversion rate is more typical for most products on their ads.
  • BigBoJackson
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by BigBoJackson » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:37 am

If you do paid media in relevant blogs the conversion rate can get up to 6%. It's all about relevance.
    no live campaign yet, im gearing up for a big 2018