• WeLoveFootball
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Football Social Network - Indiegogo

by WeLoveFootball » Wed May 03, 2017 9:09 am

Hi guys,

We have launched our project on Indiegogo:
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fans ... 16463846#/

We have a social network for football fans, while the idea is niche based but it is unique and has wide audience.

Advice and feedback will be appreciated,
    thanks

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Football Social Network - Indiegogo

by hyperstarter » Thu May 04, 2017 11:12 am

It's a cool project a bit like Espnfc.com - but overall the network will be free? If you're offering rewards which consist of an account upgrade and a tshirt, then there's not much value in the that for backers.

If they were given options like X number of days adverts with Analytics tracked stats, then there might be some traction.

The thing is you're competiting against HUGE sites, plus with football there's copyrights on who can publish the data and post photos...it's pretty tight (Talking from experience as I ran a football site years ago).

Best of luck.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • WeLoveFootball
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by WeLoveFootball » Fri May 05, 2017 8:58 pm

Thanks for feedback.
    Yes the website is free, we didn't have better ideas for the Perks, I know they may look not very attractive, but what else can you offer in a free website?

We offer permanent listing in contributors page, this means that the contribute will have lifetime traffic to hist contact info (for 250+ donations) .. but maybe that is not explained well in our page.

The competition in Football topic is intense indeed, but in our unique niche (social football) it is weak so we will take advantage on that, but we have to run huge awareness campaign to build audience.

Best Regards,
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Sat May 06, 2017 3:47 am

That's true, but I think Kickstarter isn't the right route for you to get funding. An Angel Investor or sponsorship might be best for your case, but you need some live site to show them and explain your work history and experience relating to getting it done.

There's no value to be on your contributors page, it doesn't mean much.

But in terms of copyrights and being allowed to show off matches, photos and analysis - not sure you'd be allowed.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
    BerryHorn
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by BerryHorn » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:54 am

Awesome platform
    ronton
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by ronton » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:55 am

I would like to say that it is a wonderful idea to create such a platform where football fans could talk, expose their ideas, and thus we can help each other by sharing our visions and opinions.
    Usually, I watch only English Premier League, Champions League, and El Clásico.
    I think it would be cool to create such a platform only for EPL fans.
    English Premier League is the most unpredictable league in the world and through discussions, we could find many interesting ideas.
    By the way, I read the most important news on espn.co.uk, and if you also love following EPL then you should know that ESPN is the best site to read fresh news.
    BerryHorn
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by BerryHorn » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:51 pm

ronton wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:55 am I would like to say that it is a wonderful idea to create such a platform where football fans could talk, expose their ideas, and thus we can help each other by sharing our visions and opinions.
    Usually, I watch only English Premier League, Champions League, and El Clásico.
    I think it would be cool to create such a platform only for EPL fans.
    English Premier League is the most unpredictable league in the world and through discussions, we could find many interesting ideas.
    By the way, I read the most important news on espn.co.uk, and if you also love following EPL then you should know that ESPN is the best site to read fresh news.
    I would agree that EPL is the best soccer league and the most unpredictable league as well.