Calyos NSG S0 Fanless PC Case
  • EraserPencil
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Calyos NSG S0 Fanless PC Case

by EraserPencil » Mon May 08, 2017 12:01 am

manuelz wrote:I was wondering. Does anyone have an idea what would be an effective way to mount the Nsg on a wall?

Functionally, it would be hard because the fins have to be exposed. Unless you'd want the tempered glass side against the wall.

There was an article I read before where a guy used cold air from the outside to passively cool his PC through holes in the wall and funnels. Obviously he didn't have an NSG 0, but you get the idea.

• alandilo
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by alandilo » Fri May 19, 2017 10:19 pm

Hi here my thoughts about noise reduction.

Short:
    Power supply: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W
    Graphics card: GTX 1080 Ti custom design preference on no coil wine.... ( bc i heared all Founders edition have coil wine)
    Either EVGA or Zotac.. both don't loose warrany bc removing the cooler and overclocking Here a list of details but its from 2014

I want to get the SLI version ( space is not that much of a problem maybe i want to add a 2nd card later on.)

Going SLI will require a fair amout of power especially if i want to overclock my shit my estimate is 850W based on this article :
    As for graphics card i did not select any model so far bc of hackintosh compatability of other components.
    probably GTX 1080 Ti custom design preference on no coil wine....

Noise cerated by the Power supply is also an issue for some devices. i will get this power supply: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W it should be the most silent on the market even though it has a running fan (u only notice/hear from 80%(680W and more) it is more silent than a semi passive device bc is has less electrical noise... (very good voltage regulation and almost no rille) i hope this will reduce the coil wine everyone should be afraid of ;-)
    Alternative Power supplies in the 850W range:
    1. be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W
    2. Super Flower Leadex Titanium 850W
    3. Corsair HX850i

if anyone interested in wall mounting: i would wall the PC if needed by setting it on a custom steel shelf with holes in the shelf below the fins. the shelf would be l shaped from the side similar like a wall mount for a tv, but l shaped and not flat. Its the only reasonable way i can think of wall mounting it. I have tested it with a washing machine

Alan
  • ndugu
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ndugu » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:10 am

Is the NSG S0 chassis compatible with some CustoMac build?
    BerryHorn
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by BerryHorn » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:19 pm

Calyos is the global leader in Advanced 2-Phase Cooling Solutions for electronic components. Still, when I hear about PC setup and how we can strengthen our PC's performance, graphic cards from NVIDIA come to mind first.
    If you want to have a powerful gaming PC, then you must get a robust graphic card.
    I don't want t talk too much about graphic cards, but if you are interested which in this subject and would like to read more about graphic cards from NVIDIA, check out this article.
    ronton
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by ronton » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:28 pm

BerryHorn wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:19 pm Calyos is the global leader in Advanced 2-Phase Cooling Solutions for electronic components. Still, when I hear about PC setup and how we can strengthen our PC's performance, graphic cards from NVIDIA come to mind first.
    If you want to have a powerful gaming PC, then you must get a robust graphic card.
    I don't want t talk too much about graphic cards, but if you are interested which in this subject and would like to read more about graphic cards from NVIDIA, check out this article:
    Yes, NVIDIA has the best graphic cards
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:49 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman